Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Zeroing After the Flight??

traper986

I've always worried about my rifles zero after fling into a hunting area. I flew into Adak this year for a caribou hunt and my partner and I set up a target on a hill side before hiking to far in to make sure our rifles were still on (they were) Does anyone else worry about this or am I just being paranoid?

You are just being paranoid. There’s no way your rifle is going to be nocked off zero just from luggage handlers throwing your gun case onto the plane or the ground or anything like that.��

There's no way I'm going hunting without checking mine. I respect the game I'm after too much not to.

I have never wasted so much ammo in my life then when I used to re-sight my guns in. I have taken both my hunting guns on over 30 flights. Never once have they been off, even a smidgen. BUT..........

I have a Pelican double hard case with exact cut out foam inserts. And I kept the cut out foam inserts, and only pull the one out for the gun I am taking so there is no wiggle room for my gun. Also I think the scope, rings are very important. For me all my guns and I have more than I should all have Leuopold scopes. Not to say other scopes aren't as good or better, but I have shipped my guns on planes, UPS, dropped them, fell off ATV and every time I shoot they are spot on. My equipment is better at shooting than I am. Or maybe none of this matters and I am just lucky......30 plus times.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back