Need boot advice

pilsner

Got the .270 dialed in, the Mystery Ranch pack packed , and the freeze dried meals on order. Ready for hunting season except for one thing: boots!
Here is the problem - after years in the army using combat boots and then zero-drop shoes (think minimalists hikers like saloons or Merrill’s) I just can’t go back to a heavy, stiff boot. What is the best hunting boot that is zero or near zero drop in the heel?
Only one I can find that sounds close is the Crispi GT-something (will edit correct info back in after I check link).
Not worried about price just finding a lightweight, low drop heel boot that will last.
Thanks!

Have had good success in the past with Salomon and Merrill but it’s been so long since I needed anything approaching a mountain boot that I’m now lost. Located in Central Oregon so places where I can go and try on different brands of boots are appreciated! Already found the Bow Rack in Springfield but they didn’t have the crispi’s I wanted to try in stock.

Happy with my Cabelas Meindl Denalis.

I recommend going and trying on as many as you can, and wearing them in store as long as you can.

I prefer trail runners until it gets cold or muddy. I currently run an Inov8 Roclite 290, and if it rains I throw a pair of Rocky Goretex socks over my wool socks. This system works great in September until Mid or late October.

Wet, cold, mud, I'd go to a LaSportiva Boulder X Mid, or straight to the Lowa Hunter GTX, depending.

I'm a minimalist shoe guy as well, but the Lowas don't hurt my feet like most boots.

I'll take a look at the Crispis. If they're really low drop or zero drop (0-4 mm) I'd be real interested in trying a pair.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back