Would you hunt with these handholds?

Yes but I have to ask. Did you only shoot the load you settled on once or verify by shooting it on two or three different days? Sometimes it’s interesting to shoot same load at the same target for “x” days just to see if it holds up. That same load may shoot 1/4 moa tomorrow. We all like to experiment but after we settle on a load it’s good to verify by whatever meets your criteria. Some people I know shoot one shot every day at same target for 5 days instead of a 5 shot group in one day. Some shoot three 5 shots groups same day. Whatever you are confident in will work for you.

+1 good advice

This is the thrid powder I have tried these are by far the best two groups. I can't adjust the seating depth out as I have a magazine restricting length, unless I go shorter than what the manual calls for.

The manual is only a guide. What you want to do is get a Hornady OAL gauge and comparator tool. Size your round to where the ogive touches the rifling and then start bumping them back .002 at a time until you find the best group.

There is a lot more at play than just the length of the bullet. Are you FL or neck sizing? How much head space do you have? Etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back