PEAX Equipment

Life after a Heart Attac / Surgery

Just a quick note ...anybody reading this if there is any doubt in your mind about your health take the time to get a check up !
This has been a huge eye opener for my family and friends and dont wish this on anybody .
Thank you , Paul.

A little late to the party on this one- glad to hear things have been trending in the right direction.

Prayers sent for a speedy and complete recovery, and good luck at the doc's office today!

-tom

Well just got home from the Dr. ..good news my incision is doing great . I can start walking out side for as long and as much as I feel fit . In not going to go crazy but I'm so excited to get out of the House !
I talked with the Dr. Snd no meds I'm taking will cause any other damage . Next check up on the 24th. Possible get permission to drive but I'm still at 10 pds. Restriction for 10 weeks . I'm just going to keep eating right and some exercise . It's a slow process but I have the Time !!

Almost forgot my wife took me to the Sportsman's shop after my Dr.appointment , it was sure nice to walk around and touch a few things ! I'm guilty I had a Christensen Rifle in my hands ,oh and I did sneek a feel on a Kimber too ! It was just enough to get a smile on my face my wife said !
I'm excited to get out today and put a few steps on my shoes in the fresh air ! I just found out there is a gun show next weekend in town it will be nice to get out and check things out . It seems to be more money at the shows but the B.S is free !! Lol
Anyway you guys have a great Day !! Paul

Last edited:
Your lucky Mt. Perchman my dad had a heart attack at 51 and 3 more since then and now only has 5% of his heart function. He gets tired walking up a flight of stairs. So take advantage of everything you can while you still can!

Very glad you caught onto this! Wow! I don't have any input to share regarding heart attack recovery though rehab is as much, if not more mental... Even in the world of a purely physical incident.
I don't claim to understand how the power of the mind works though know the body identifies with a person's mental fortitude.

Glad to hear your incision is successful!

As Kansasdad commented,

It is ok and necessary to ask questions, challenge assumptions and be skeptical of accepted standards of care. You are unique, and not the "average" patient.
Questions not out of fear - rather born from determination to squeeze every last bit the body and mind will give back.
A drive by from the grim reaper will change your life. Every day after dawns brighter and means more.
Amen!

Last edited:
Your lucky Mt. Perchman my dad had a heart attack at 51 and 3 more since then and now only has 5% of his heart function. He gets tired walking up a flight of stairs. So take advantage of everything you can while you still can!

Sorry to hear this .. I'm going to do my best to not see the Dr. This way again. I'm on a strict diet and will stick with it ! It gets easier everyday for me . I'm keeping my attitude as strong as possible and moving forward everyday !
Thank You for your post !!

Very glad you caught onto this! Wow! I don't have any input to share regarding heart attack recovery though rehab is as much, if not more mental... Even in the world of a purely physical incident.
I don't claim to understand how the power of the mind works though know the body identifies with a person's mental fortitude.

Glad to hear your incision is successful!

As Kansasdad commented,

Questions not out of fear - rather born from determination to squeeze every last bit the body and mind will give back.

Amen!

It's amazing the world of knowledge we have in this Forum!
That's my reason for posting this change in my life ! If we all learn anything from this post it was worth it telling my story !
Not to be pushy but if you or anybody else you know is fighting going in for a check up ..just be a friend and help them ..before it's to late .
Thanks for following!! Paul

Well went in yesterday for a check up . Things are going great ..except I pushed myself at work a little to much
.Dr. told me no more power saws till I'm released . It's so hard on me to not be working . Be she reminded me about ripping open my chest , this would be a very painful thing to do . My lovely wife told on me !! What a Sweetheart she is !
I'm very lucky to have the support I have right now . So I'm backing off the work detail for now . I'm cleared on the 17th. Of August so I can wait . It just drives me nuts because im the bread winner in the Family . I'm not use to setting around ...only on my Ice fishing chair !!
She give me the ok to drive ! Heck yes I feel like a 16 year old kid with the keys !! Ha ha
She also give me the ok to hike in the Mountains!! My wife wasn't to happy to hear that part ...lol
I'm still on 10 pds restrictions until the 17th. and she said I should be able to bow hunt if I get my muscles back in shape . The work begings in a week with therapy !!

I drew a Cow tag , Mule deer doe tag so I'm excited to head back in the timber !! Still waiting on the Pronghorn draw !
Wow sorry so long winded this morning, I'm up at 4:00 am drinking coffee I have a appointment at 8:00 am to see the Cartaoligist, I'm excited she was amazing when I was in the Hospital . I feel very blessed to have the Team I had while in the Hospital.

Well you all have a great day today and Thanks for following along .

You get healed up and you will be there before you know it! The work will always be there, but you only have one life to live so enjoy it because you don't know when that switch will be tripped

Well, it was my turn on January 8th. We are in Frisco, CO, and I was cross country skiing about a mile from the hospital here. Wound up with a helicopter ride to Denver and two stents. I go in for my first cardiac rehab visit tomorrow. I feel pretty good but name more cautious than before. I am sure some of that is the meds.

Guess I will skip the WY Elk draw this year. Most of my hunts are solo, so there is going to be some serious discussion at home about my hunts.

I have been trying to change my diet and reduce stress, including meditation. I am 68 and retired, but I still tend to get aggravated about the dumbest things.

And thanks to all the previous posters on this thread.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back