Bertram brass?

dcopas78

Well now that I have my 28 nosler sighted and broken in, I've found it incredible difficult (as I'm sure several have) to find reloading brass available. Even ammo isn't available. Anyways, I don't really want to shoot up my factory ammo any more than I already have because I've came for the conclusion that I may be using it this hunting season. I don't have a whole heck of a lot of once fired brass, at least not enough to work up a load IMO. I've got it shooting pretty decent, but I have always liked reloading if I can find the materials to do it. I've found this brass online and it looks like there may be quite a bit in stock. Has anyone ever had any experience with it? Thanks!

I don't have first hand experience with Bertram. I've been eyeing some for my 7 Mag so I dug a little deeper. From what I can tell it compares with Hornady. Over on the Long Range Hunting forum a couple guys give it 3.5 of 5 stars with issues in weight variation. Being that 28 Nosler is next to impossible to get you might want to buy 100 pieces just to be able to shoot.

Bertram makes it's name with hard to find/obsolete brass. Mostly the European big bore cartridges.

How many fired casings do you have? I do load development with 10 casings.

I have 10 casings empty. I probably could get a load out of those 10 casings. I always liked to have at least 2 boxes of ammo to take on a trip with me, since I'm prone to losing stuff lol. I guess that is the real issue. I was able to find some match Nosler ammo that is supposed to be here by the 20th. I think I may just pull the bullets to get the brass. It's actually about the same price as buying the Nosler brass.

Watch the classifieds at longrangehunting. There's 50 once fired cases for $55 right now. mtmuley

Last edited:
Bertrams has never had a good reputation with the types of brass I use. They are always the choice of last resort.

Keep nagging at Nosler for their brass.... they always seem to be behind with 28 cartridge tho.

Availability of brass, both current and in the future, has made my buying decision of a particular cartridge more than once. Thus my choices of '08 based cartridges over "X57". You may need to look at going with the parent cartridge and re-necking it just to have a reserve of available brass.

Let me tell you something about brass. Whichever brand you can get is better than having none at all. People go out and get odd cartridge's and the brass they can get just may be as good as it does get! I use mostly Win and Rem brass because I can get it around here. Mostly Win as it's least expensive. Get what you can get and be glad you have any!

I got some Bertram Brass in .300 WSM back when everyone was hording ammo and reloading supplies because that was all I could find. I threw out several because they had deep gouges in them. It looked like they had poor tooling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back