Wyoming Antelope Unit 113

You may think this is a friggin joke, but in the end you're a joke to all law abiding folks and I hope the next time you violate that law that you come back to an expensive ticket or maybe even a towed away vehicle, LOL!

You may think this is a friggin joke, but in the end you're a joke to all law abiding folks and I hope the next time you violate that law that you come back to an expensive ticket or maybe even a towed away vehicle, LOL!

Oh no! Not a parking ticket...

Getting some gear sorted for this hunt:

Rifle...check.

IMG_1057.JPG

250 yard zero...Check:

IMG_1056.JPG

Backpack...Check:

IMG_4354.JPG

Parking pass...Check:

vehicle.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking you can park there ifin you put a white rag on the truck indicating you're broke down. Then you go to get help and miraculously you run into a antelope and havta shoot em.

People park here in Ohio along the highway to hunt all the time and don't get tickets. I never here of any accidents because of it either, so I don't see the problem. Is it the world's safest thing to do? No. But every time you get in your car you could crash and die.

Last edited:
People park here in Ohio along the highway to hunt all the time and don't get tickets. I never here of any accidents because of it either, so I don't see the problem. Is it the world's safest thing to do? No. But every time you get in your car you could crash and die.

Parking along county and state highways is completely legal, but not on the Interstate Highway system. You also must not look at traffic statistics much because rear end collisions into vehicles pulled off the highway happen all the time and a lot are due to drunk drivers. I'm just trying to pass along what is not legal and you all can do whatever you like, but I'm not one that violates the law just because it benefits me! I'd like to drive my PU 90 mph too, but don't because that far exceeds the limit anywhere in the country.

Parking along county and state highways is completely legal, but not on the Interstate Highway system. You also must not look at traffic statistics much because rear end collisions into vehicles pulled off the highway happen all the time and a lot are due to drunk drivers. I'm just trying to pass along what is not legal and you all can do whatever you like, but I'm not one that violates the law just because it benefits me! I'd like to drive my PU 90 mph too, but don't because that far exceeds the limit anywhere in the country.

Don’t kid anyone, with Michigan roads no one can drive thier pick up 90.

Don’t kid anyone, with Michigan roads no one can drive thier pick up 90.

You must not drive much because they fly by me doing 85 or better all the time, especially on 131 from GR north where they raised the limit to 75 mph last year! The same happens out on the freeways in SD and WY where it's 80 mph now and they go by you like you're pulled off the road taking a nap, LOL!

Returning to the question of access, it looks like the frontage road between 387 and I-25 hits a tiny corner of public land on the west side of the Unit that you could hike north from all the way up into the mass of the public land. Anyone know if you can legally access it there (assuming, you know, an OnX chip to put you right on that tiny little corner where it crosses the frontage road)?

Returning to the question of access, it looks like the frontage road between 387 and I-25 hits a tiny corner of public land on the west side of the Unit that you could hike north from all the way up into the mass of the public land. Anyone know if you can legally access it there (assuming, you know, an OnX chip to put you right on that tiny little corner where it crosses the frontage road)?

If that road you're talking about is the old highway (87) the access would be tight where it barely hits the corner you're talking about. On my CD ROM the coordinates at that spot are N43.442/W106.365

If that road you're talking about is the old highway (87) the access would be tight where it barely hits the corner you're talking about. On my CD ROM the coordinates at that spot are N43.442/W106.365

Thanks as always, Topgun. Looks pretty tight, but legal.

I’ve gone in from there. I was even watched by people on the private land and they never said a word

We got approached by a warden south of New Castle on I-85 and he just asked us if we could park a little further off the road.

When do you plan on being out for the hunt? I'll likely be passing through the area early in the season. I could provide some on the intel if you're heading out later in the season.

Will you be out with a group or by yourself?

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back