Favorite Trail Cams Under $100

bigsky2

I know there was a thread about trail cams recently but I'm looking for suggestions on good trail cams for under $100. All the models I have been using have been discontinued and are really hard to find anymore. I'm most familiar with Moultrie and Stealth Cam, but would be open to trying new brands.

If you look around, you can get some brownings for under $100. Far better than any moultrie or stealth cam.

I like the Primos Proof line of trail cameras. Well under a $100 bucks too. They keep the settings simple by only including the things that really matter.

I run about 16 cameras in the summer and fall. I’ve had really good luck with moultrie cameras. I have a bunch of the ones that cost $60. I haven’t had one mess up on me yet and I’ve had them for about 3 years. I also have had good luck with the brownings. Muddy makes a pretty good low price camera similar to the browning. I have a better battery life with the moultrie than the others though. I will say video is best out of the browning. I have owned pretty much all types. The stealth didn’t last long or the primos. The bushnell was my favorite camera but not really in your price range.

Radix MT-100. Honestly the best quality pics I have ever seen from a camera under $100.

IMG_2229 (1).jpg

Wild game innovations usually has a model on sale for $40. I bought one because it was so cheap and have added several more because they work well.

I bought a black WGI 8mp for like 20 bucks on an Amazon deal. The thing has been solid and gets the job done just fine. The night time photos are really bad as I think the shutter speed must be slow, but if you use the video mode it works just fine. I had quite a few people walk past it and nobody wanted to steal it because it was a cheapo.

I like the moultrie I have been running a few for many years. Under $100 Stealth take crappy night pics but still decent. I have a few primos proof cams that have been good for many years to. If I can find them under $100 I like browning the best. They only take 6 batteries and last forever and great pics.

I find good deals on eBay. Got 5 wildlife innnovations for $100.
ive got Primos Proof for around $30 on there too.

I bought a dozen browning command ops on Ebay, with a coupon...65 each. They are decent...night pictures are just ok. Day time good. Battery life good, none have shit the bed in two seaosns... ..

I've had good luck with the Moultrie a30i. I have 4 of them. I think they are about $80 and sometimes you can find them cheaper.

Wild game innovations usually has a model on sale for $40. I bought one because it was so cheap and have added several more because they work well.

I did same. I bought two Wildgame Innovations 12 MP for $35 last year. Worked pretty good, I'd buy a few more. I used them on public land so I figured it was a sacrificial item, I put them about 12 feet high and got decent footage.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 09.16.24.png

I usually use Wild Game cameras. I usually get about 3 years out of one.
Got 2 Moultrie because of price. Really like the 3 pic setting. Tells more of the story.
One thing i did find. Buy the Dollar General brand of batteries!!
Last way longer than Energizer, and Duracell!!
I cen get a full year on one set of batteries.

Attachments

• MFDC0031.JPG
    MFDC0031.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • WGI_0475.JPG
    WGI_0475.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Primos Proof line are great! I picked up a bunch from Dick's during a rebate period. Got them for like $35 each. Only thing I don't regret buying from Dick's! lol

I'm a big fan of the Stealth Cam G42NG for under $100. Long 100' "non-flash, IR" range, quick trigger speeds, great pics, batteries last long time. No complaints. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back