Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bowsight advice

AndySmith

Hi Guys,

I'm about to set myself up with my first bow. I've narrowed down my sight choice to either the Axcel Accutouch HD slider 3 pin or the Black gold Ascent verdict assault 3 pin. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on both these sights, which one would you choose and why?
Any comments or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

I just upgraded bows and went with a black gold 5 pin slider. I love it. You can custom order the pin colors and sizes. My top two pins are .019 and the bottom three are .011. This makes longer range shooting easier because the pin doesn’t cover the entire target. Hope this helps

I have the MBG 3 pin slider (don't remember what it is called), it has changed my shooting big time. Make sure you get .011 on the lower pins at least (I have all on mine).

It takes some time to get the tapes just right, but I can shoot better at 80 now on targets than I ever could have imagined before this sight. But, lots of good sights but I have no reason to think about another...

I have the MBG 3 pin slider (don't remember what it is called), it has changed my shooting big time. Make sure you get .011 on the lower pins at least (I have all on mine).

It takes some time to get the tapes just right, but I can shoot better at 80 now on targets than I ever could have imagined before this sight. But, lots of good sights but I have no reason to think about another...

I just went and picked up my new 3-pin Ascent slider at Black Gold this morning. I beat the heck out of them and they are bomb proof.

I've never met anyone with a slider that doesn't have a story about not sliding it to the correct distance or not sliding it back or thinking it was at one spot and it's actually at another spot. I would go fixed.

I've never met anyone with a slider that doesn't have a story about not sliding it to the correct distance or not sliding it back or thinking it was at one spot and it's actually at another spot. I would go fixed.

I hunted a single pin slider for 5 years or so, shot probably over a dozen animals with it. Never had an issue with forgetting to slide.

Still, for simplicity I went witht the 5 pin slider. Quick shots, I am covered out to 60. Past that, I have time and can use the slide feature.

I hunted a single pin slider for 5 years or so, shot probably over a dozen animals with it. Never had an issue with forgetting to slide.

Still, for simplicity I went witht the 5 pin slider. Quick shots, I am covered out to 60. Past that, I have time and can use the slide feature.

This. I'm running 3 pin Ascent. I practice regularly out to 100 yards just because it magnifys inconsistencys in my shooting and makes 60 yards look like 30. Definitely a nice to have the option of practicing at a longer distance rather than be stuck at 60

Well since I don't personally know you I'm sticking with my "stat", though I'm sure there's actually plenty out there how aren't as forgetful or excitable as the crowd I associate with. The same also goes for cds style scopes.

I have put on the Black Gold Ascent 5 pin on my Mathews Halon 32. Also, I have another Black Gold 5pin on my older Mathews Chill R but do not recall model. Point being that I have had no issues with either one. They are, as Big Fin stated, “Bomb proof”. Best of luck in your selection.

Well since I don't personally know you I'm sticking with my "stat", though I'm sure there's actually plenty out there how aren't as forgetful or excitable as the crowd I associate with. The same also goes for cds style scopes.
what a lot of people will do is run a 5-pin slider and use their bottom pin is there Rover that way the only time you're actually moving your site is beyond 60 yards whereas with the single pin or three pin you're moving it every shot or more often

Thank you all for your comments, I'm certainly going to go for a slider. I can see the potential for forgetting to return it effectively to zero as it were but I dial my rifle scope and have the same potential for a mistake there, I just make sure I check it and so far, have not had problems.
There seems to be plenty of support for the black gold sights so I think I'll go with the ascent 3 pin slider.

Andy.

Thank you all for your comments, I'm certainly going to go for a slider. I can see the potential for forgetting to return it effectively to zero as it were but I dial my rifle scope and have the same potential for a mistake there, I just make sure I check it and so far, have not had problems.
There seems to be plenty of support for the black gold sights so I think I'll go with the ascent 3 pin slider.

Andy.

I made it a practice as soon as I pick up my bow to turn the knob to ensure it is dialed for my 20/30/40 and also when I set it down to go pull arrows. That was after shooting at 40yds with my top pin (I thought I had moved it) and killing an arrow below the target. But I have also had opportunities for a follow up shot that was 70+ and had no idea where to aim, luckily in all those situations the first shot was good...

The five pin ascent verdict gets my 70 pound bow out to 70 yards. I don’t think that sliding it will happen much or ever but it’s a nice option. I also forgot to mention the photo chromatic cover over the sight fiber helps the pins not be so bright in the blazing sunlight. The bladed sight pins also help protect the fiber from getting snagged on brush while hunting.

I still have the MBG 5 pin fixed ascent sight. I haven't had an issue with it for 4 years. I don't have a slider, or plan on getting one. Right now I'm not good enough to shoot past 60 yards. That is a lot of practice to get that good!

Spot Hogg are another to consider, I purchased a 3 pin Tommy Hogg this year with .010 pins, at first they seemed a little small and I was considering paying to change the size but after a few months of shooting I have gotten use to them.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back