MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pilot Hill land purchase

wytex

Don't know if you all have heard about this : http://pilothill.org/

I haven't heard if hunting would be one of the allowed activities but overall I'm for it if funds can be found.

I don't have a dog in the fight as a CO resident, other than I'm all about lands being protected as open space, looks like maybe some bow hunting.

Recreation
What kinds of recreational uses will be allowed?
Use of the property will be specified by the future land manager with public input. The land will be open to the public, and various forms of non-motorized recreation will be allowed, such as hiking, biking, horseback riding and wildlife viewing. Other potential uses include camping and bow hunting. A user fee may be put in place to help support the purchase and maintenance of the land.

I talked to some people involved while I was helping to build trail on the "schoolyard" land on the west border of this property. They said that archery hunting is going to be allowed. Nothing is finalized yet so I'm making sure to include my desire to have hunting allowed whenever I correspond with them.
Recently it's been proposed to area landowners to buy public parcels within their ranches to secure funds for this purchase. My first reaction is to be hesitant but giving up public acres of inaccessible land for public acres of accessible land works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back