Fogged up binos

AvidIndoorsman

I find that early in the morning when it's cold and I'm exerting myself I'm constantly fighting foggy binos, seems to happen without fail on every pair I use... swaros all the way to cheap walmarts. Anybody have a general solution?

Also related, I have a pair of steiners and it seems like the left eye fogs for almost no reason and the right hardly every does, I have cleaned the pair thoroughly with a chamois lens cleaner...

Make sure when you are raising them up to your eyes that you are not breathing on the lenses. I use a anti fog cleaner to clean lenses that may help.

Generally speaking it happens when it's below freezing or low temps and they fog up, I drop them away from my face pull them up glass for a bit then they fog up again...

Don’t hold them tight to your eyes. Breathing on them will do the same.

I called Swarovski to see what they recommended for anti-fog, because I didn't want to put just anything on my Z5 scope and my El Ranges. The man I spoke to said to use Parker's Perfect anti-fog towelettes. I bought some, and they worked decently, but not really great. After reading about fogged up optics on another hunting forum, I found out about Nu-view 2 Anti-fog. It comes in a pump spray bottle, and just a little goes a long way. I have found it to be superior to the Parkers Perfect. www.nu-view2.com also found on Ebay for about $6.00

Last edited:
Try to keep them slightly warmer.... even if they are in a harness try to keep a layer over them. I second the breathing out through your nose.

Be Safe,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back