Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana alternates

Vman

Anyone have any information on the number of tags returned each year?

I have never tried to get a tag this way and wondered what my odds were.

I've looked for info on the FWP site but never found anything. I'm guessing the odds aren't very good.

I'm on the list and my number is in the low 400's! My son's number is in the low 600's which doesn't make sense. The FWP told me there was 465 over the 17,000 tags available. I'm calling in the morning to find out what's up. They probably have a special numbering system instead of 1-465?

I got one several years ago and if I remember correctly I was near 100. I know they have 1 big game combo this year sent mine back last week.

I'm on the list and my number is in the low 400's! My son's number is in the low 600's which doesn't make sense. The FWP told me there was 465 over the 17,000 tags available. I'm calling in the morning to find out what's up. They probably have a special numbering system instead of 1-465?

Anybody can apply. Not just people who didn’t draw. Although they get preference.

I’m sitting at 109.

#38 for Deer combo.

When I missed the elk leftovers, the gentleman on the phone told me "several hundred" were returned each year.

Last edited:

It makes perfect sense don't waste a phone call - anyone can sign up , not just people who were unsuccessful. I have a friend that never applied but he did sign up and is at 1238 - so obviously it was popular this year - usually 200-300 get returned each year

Odds are way better for a guy on the big game combo - deer combo had a ton of people signed up .

I got my request for funds last week. I was #109 for big game. Sounds like they send out 120-125 requests. Looks like it back to Montana for me.

I talked to FWP today, yes they sent out requests for the big game combo 125, next week the number will drop. They said as it gets closer to the season they will be either calling or email for request for funds.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back