Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2019 Snowgoose Hunt

I would be interested if it’s SD.. got a trailer full of decoys and blinds.. guided would be even better because who wants to go on vacation and work like that. Shoot a A400...drink any beer.. and who doesn’t like midget strippers..self employed so timing is flexible..

I’m in a similar situation, I am definitely interested but am also splitting elder care with my brother so anything can happen. If the timing works I’m in!

When you have millions of birds it's not that hard to follow them. Most years they have the exact same flight path. Example: Northwest Missouri (staging area) to the rainwater basin of Nebraska (water and food), to the Yankton area (food and water), to Aberdeen and on up north. How fast they move depends on the "snowline". They follow the melting snow and they must have open water. The old birds know the flight path and lead, juveniles follow later. Snow or storms will push them back south as happened this year. The guy I went with this year had 12 guides with numerous fields. We were locate in South Dakota. I think that he was there for 3 weeks before the birds slowed to nothing. 3-4 guys that follow birds :).. there are so many outfitters that it aint funny :)

If you want to make it even easier.... the are snow goose facebook pages. People tell you everyday where the geese are and how many are to bee seen. Technology :)

good luck to all
the dog

I can't believe I missed your reply. I imagine there are a ton of outfitters. I was just curious because snows are just starting to show up in my area and was curious if the outfitters hire local guys to help or if they are big operations from out of state that lease everything up whose guides just follow the birds across the country.

I can't believe I missed your reply. I imagine there are a ton of outfitters. I was just curious because snows are just starting to show up in my area and was curious if the outfitters hire local guys to help or if they are big operations from out of state that lease everything up whose guides just follow the birds across the country.

Pretty much right on. There are some locals that only hunt a certain area. The guy I went with starts in MO. And works his way up through SD. He has 12 guides that are very experienced and know what they are doing. They follow the migration. He has lots of land leased in SD. Most of it are prime fields or areas with water. They have done this for many years and know the routine. On a side note: there are many "new" outfitters showing up every year. Most are not in business very long. Go with a guide who has been doing this many years.

good luck to all
the dog

I am interested - I don't have any equipment other than a shotgun and an extension but I have been through that rodeo with a buddy that has his whole life invested in it so I got the basics down. If ya still got a spot that is :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back