CO Leftover Watch APP

Glad everybody can get behind it. Hope to see a bunch of hunts posted on the forums from folks getting tags off the app.

Fauntleroy,

I was wondering when someone would put this together I absolutely hate that there is a shortcut like this, nothing against you personally.

Nothing personal about it. I'm not gonna make everyone happy. I'm glad that you have the time to watch the leftover list for the reissued tags, but for those of us that don't, this is a great solution.

I thought the CO premium hunts went to next applicant in the draw sequence?

CO Parks and Wildlife:

5 or More Preference Points
Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, in the current years draw, will be reissued to the next person in the draw order.​
​These reissued licenses will require the use of preference points as per regulation if accepted.
If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists.

4 or Less Preference Points
All other returned limited and over-the-counter (OTC) with caps licenses, excluding public Ranching for Wildlife, will be available to any of the public, who meet licensing and education requirements.
These returned limited and OTC with caps licenses reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists will NOT require the use of preference points.

Limited and OTC with caps licenses will continue to be reissued as long as a sufficient number of licenses are returned or unsold.

Last edited:
Last year i had two separate occasions where i hit the refresh within a minute of the posted refresh time, immediately added the tag to my cart, and by the time i checked out they were gone (there were several tags available with the posting too, not just one). I finally got the tag i wanted on its third posting to the leftover list. I think this tool will be great, but being alerted about a tag's availability vs. actually getting that tag are two different stories.

I thought the CO premium hunts went to next applicant in the draw sequence?

Yes, this is for licenses requiring 4 or fewer preference points, or those requiring 5 or more points that are not claimed by the first 5 applicants next in line. It's right there in the information you quoted:

If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists.
These returned limited and OTC with caps licenses reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists will NOT require the use of preference points.

Last year i had two separate occasions where i hit the refresh within a minute of the posted refresh time, immediately added the tag to my cart, and by the time i checked out they were gone (there were several tags available with the posting too, not just one). I finally got the tag i wanted on its third posting to the leftover list. I think this tool will be great, but being alerted about a tag's availability vs. actually getting that tag are two different stories.

Exactly. I just don't see this being much of a game-changer.

Exactly. I just don't see this being much of a game-changer.

Well, in fairness to the OP, let’s keep in mind he’s not claiming to change the world with this app. It’s just a tool to alert those who are interested in a tag’s availability. No one is being guaranteed anything except a little info. I’m interested. I have a buddy who pulled a great bull tag. I plan on being there to help out. I might want to pick up a cow tag if one becomes available, but I can’t sit there and refresh the list 1 million times. I understand that the app won’t magically purchase the tag for me, but it at least alerts me to the potential opportunity. This is a pretty solid idea as I see it.

Last edited:
Redwood, try it again. We were having issues with the plugins on the site this morning. Damn updates.

I think this app will be nice, especially for those not drawing anything, but seeking a decent hunt. There are several <4 point hunts I'm interested in that likely would'nt last 1 minute if they normally take 10 points to draw. But in these point pools, might have a shot. So that's what I'll try for. I do know a resident who was able to pick up a 61 archery bull tag 2 years ago.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back