Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Enlightened Gear

EYJONAS!

Anybody have much input on this company, I'm seriously considering them for a bag or quilt. Just curious to see what thoughts are towards them or the quilt idea. Seems like a solid product and company, almost too good to be true! It would definitely shave some weight on any hunt compared to my 5lb north face bag. Their comparison one is about a 22oz. Thanks folks!

I like my Enlightened quilt. You will probably get strong opinions both ways and I'm sure there are some old threads about this if you search back. I like to be able to get a leg out to cool off if its a warm night or if I want to be sealed up tight I can put my pad into the foot box if I want to. Just nice and versatile for me. The weight was the selling point. I am a cold sleeper in late Sept. in CO at 8500 feet. I wear my baselayers at a minimum at night and sometimes even my outerwear if it's below freezing. A Primaloft or down jacket is also a key sleeping ingredient for me. My quilt is a 0 degree version. My post makes it seem like the quilt isn't very warm if I am wearing all those clothes, but it really is nice and my buddy has one that is a 20 degree and he sweats in his when I am chilly. An extra fleece hat and pair of dry socks that always stay in the tent is nice to have also :) After all that, yes, I like it and would buy another one vs a bag if needed. Note insulated pads are a must also.

That's exactly the post I'm looking for, I'm currently looking at the revolation setup in a 850 10 degree bag. At 22oz that's a no brainer. I'm currently running a xped insulated pad with a r value of 5. Throw some primaloft down pants in the mix and voomba. Should be plenty warm. Any other input is appreciated.

Great company I have one of thier quilts used it on 2 hunts so far and just ordered the condurum bag last night.

If you go with a true quilt I suggest getting one wider than you think you’ll need it’s nice to wrap up or tuck it under.

I looked into it last week because someone had one for sale here. But it wasn't much $ at all off and based on what I saw you end up bundled up just about as if you were in a bag. Im warm running my down bag a little big anyways and the weight difference from a down bag doesn't seem significant either.

I just recently sold my 0* quilt. I loved it but when it was actually 0* I needed more and I was fully clothed underneath. Went back to a mummy bag

As afar as quilts in general, I've found the cons outweigh the pros for me below about 30*. I've heard nary a bad word about Enlightened Equipment though. Some people love quilts, I couldn't get used to them.

I own 2 Enlightened Equipment down quilts and 1 synthetic. Only positive experiences for me. As others have said, quilt sleeping takes some getting used too and has limitations and downsides. Also lots of upsides. I have found the synthetic 20 degree to be noticeably warmer than the down 20 degree. To be fair, the synthetic is far newer so it's not apples to apples. I tend to be colder than most folks and find that with a puffy jacket and pants on, my 20 degree quilt keeps me warm to 30 degrees or so in a floorless shelter.

I have a 10 degree and absolutely love it. I've never had the draft problems I hear about, but I tend to sleep warm. Haven't used it below 20 degrees yet.

Solid quilts, but pricey. I'd check out hammock gear and underground quilts also. Underground usually has some in stock if you need it quickly

Back