Wy Leftover

TOGIE

Does anybody know some details on how black box of the leftover draw works?

My particular question would be in the case of doe antelope. If you apply for a quantity of 2 or 3 doe antelope, meaning you already have one tag in your pocket and could potentially pick up three more, and you apply for one unit at a selected quantity of more than one, is it all or nothing? When applying I selected a quantity of 2 for a unit. Does that end up being similar to applying for two chances at two tags, or on the other hand, if my name gets pulled out of the hat they just say "yup, you get your two". Wondering if I should put in for one more and then it's more like having two names in the hat.

Last edited:
Two doe apps for one unit is one chance. All or none.

Nope. Each application is just that, an individual application. If you put in 2, 3, or 4 apps, regardless if it's the same unit, you can draw anywhere from 0-4 tags.

Now if you put in one single application, but indicate that you want multiple tags, then as you said it's all or nothing.

Nope. Each application is just that, an individual application. If you put in 2, 3, or 4 apps, regardless if it's the same unit, you can draw anywhere from 0-4 tags.

Now if you put in one single application, but indicate that you want multiple tags, then as you said it's all or nothing.

I was well aware of your second comment being all or nothing. However, I sure learned something when it was made known that you could apply on up to 4 single applications as long as the total of requested tags didn't exceed the maximum of 4 tags allowed.

Just learned something new. Wasn't aware when applying for doe in one unit that you could have multiple apps in that same unit.

Reading the regs as I understand it you can only have 2 doe/fawn tags for the same unit no matter if there is still tags left after both draws. Am I inturpiting this correctly?

Reading the regs as I understand it you can only have 2 doe/fawn tags for the same unit no matter if there is still tags left after both draws. Am I inturpiting this correctly?

I'm not sure where you saw that. You can have up to four doe tags. Doesn't matter what units, could be all the same unit or all different.

Not sure where he saw that either, but his interpretation is incorrect and you can have 4 tags all in the same unit if they're available after the first draw.

Thanks for clearing that up. Did not read that exactly just what I was my interpretation. Thanks for the clarification.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back