Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Am I being to picky ?

You are missing the purpose of a 10 shot group...

Agreed. I’ve never shot ten times at an animal either. However, if one is willing to open their mind, they will discover a ten shot group will tell them, with a very high degree of certainty, what MOA your rifle will shoot. If you shoot a three shot group and base your expectations on that, you are likely to be disappointed. If it makes you feel better because one has such an aversion to the stupidity of a ten shot group, repeat your three shot group two more times.

Agreed. I’ve never shot ten times at an animal either. However, if one is willing to open their mind, they will discover a ten shot group will tell them, with a very high degree of certainty, what MOA your rifle will shoot. If you shoot a three shot group and base your expectations on that, you are likely to be disappointed. If it makes you feel better because one has such an aversion to the stupidity of a ten shot group, repeat your three shot group two more times.
On the same target and you're there! Longer shot strings definitely give one a better understanding of the rifle is capable of and where it really is zeroed.

On the same target and you're there! Longer shot strings definitely give one a better understanding of the rifle is capable of and where it really is zeroed.

I see what you did there...

Or, if you’re just so incensed at this nonsense and believe only cold bore shots tell you anything, you can shoot 10 different cold bore shots at the same target and then have the same results.

In the end, you’ll just spend more time and effort (unless your range is on your back deck) to get a statistically valid data set of your gun’s accuracy capabilities and your true point of impact relative to the point of aim.

My main concern would be if factory ammo would continue to produce like that. That's why you should shoot some more groups and see what the results are.

My main concern would be if factory ammo would continue to produce like that. That's why you should shoot some more groups and see what the results are.

Just noticed it was factory. Same lot number should supposedly shoot the same. That"s what factory shooters claim. Haven't shot factory in a long time. mtmuley

Given that it's consistent and not just a one time fluke, I'd be buying all of that lot number that I could source.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back