Yeti GOBOX Collection

delete

I'm only 6'3" 225., but I have been really impressed with the fitment and quality of the Kuiu gear I have purchased. I find Jason Hariston to have a giant ego, but he is a bigger athletic guy (former NFL linebacker) and makes sure they fit taller athletic built individuals. Just looking at their website, they make pants up to a 42 inch waist, but it doesnt provide the inseam length. I would give them a call and ask about the inseam. I have called a couple of times and the customer service has been pretty good. I have read some people complain about the quality, but stuff has really put up with a lot of abuse and I have been very happy.

Did you give them a call? I think I read a thread somewhere that Kuiu was willing to help out a taller hunter and provide a custom length.

I think Kryptek carries a 35" inseam which is the longest I've been able to find for a true hunting pant. Eddie Bauer has their Guide Pant that goes up to 36" inseam. I wear Core4Element (out of business) for hunting, and the Eddie Bauer pants for just hiking around. My Core4Element seem more durable. If I had to get another pair of hunting pants I'd look into Kryptek. Firstlite, Smartwool, and Cabela's tall shirts have fit me fine. I have a KingsCamo jacket that fits me very well in sleeve length. You might want to check their pants as well. I think Duluth Trading company might have some bigger sizes too. I'm 6'4" 250 and usually wear a 36x36 pant. My wingspan is like 6'8" though.

Also, for midlayer jackets I would check out Eddie Bauer tall size. I have a fleece that fits perfect, and they make good down jackets from what I hear. You might also look into LL Bean. They carry tall sizes in some things. (I'm eyeing a wool hoody they have in tall.)

Lastly Pnuma Outdoors carries tall sizes as well,but I don't know much about them. Sorry for all the posts, but I kept remembering things.

I’m 6’4” and have had great luck with first lite for tops. Thier jackets and shirts seem to be generous in length and sleeve length.

For pants I would suggest Prana stretch Zion. They come in 36 inseam. They are only in earthtones but I find them super comfortable and versatile.

I'm 6'5" and 240lbs and wear XL tops and 38x36 pants. Just bought some First Lite gear last spring and it fits great. I got the XL Tall pants and they're easily 36" inseam. They also stretch, so there's no riding up. As far as shirts go, they're made for lankier people as well. I have a buddy that's your height and weighs a bit more and his shirts, although snug around the stomach, fit perfectly. He has some big shoulders and some really long arms as well and the sleeves are great for him.

I'm assuming with your height/weight you have a fairly athletic/lanky build, so I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend First Lite. Additionally, I'd probably guess that most brands of hunting gear in this genre are made for lanky mountain people. So I would think a Sitka, Kuiu, etc. would fit just fine.

The only thing that could change this is if you have a beer belly. The midsections of the shirts are pretty form fitting and could be uncomfortable. They are stretchy though, but they won't fit like a XXL Walmart Mossy Oak shirt (which is mostly an excellent thing).

I generally avoid "big and tall" stores because they rarely carry thing in the "tall" area.

Last edited:
Not a problem. I think they'll fit just fine. I have a large behind and smaller waist. I think they'll fit you just fine. They stretch really well so even if they're snug, they will still be comfortable. If they don't work, I'm sure other brands are about as good, but this is just what I own.

The only downside with them that I've found is that they can snag just a bit if you walk through heavy briers (WI deer drives are brutal), but I don't see that being as much of an issue out west.

This guy offers custom sized stuff, non-camo, in some high tech fabrics that I think are priced fair. I've not used him, but have a couple of ideas I may see if he'll tackle in the future.

http://foxwear.net/

Hey there - saw someone recommend First Lite and wanted to chime in as well. I am 6''6" 240, waist is about a 36 and inseam is a 36 (can get away with a 34 at times). I use most or all of this gear hunting whitetails in the east, and elk in Colorado in October. It sucks being tall because most clothing manufacturers assume you have as much girth as you do height, so i always have to do a lot of research and trial/error and when i find stuff that fits i usually go all in with it. Hope this helps. Good luck, and very jealous of your new location!

For pants I am running the FL Corrugates in XLT and the length is perfect, waist is good as well - i have a little extra room so I wouldn't be surprised if you could make it work up to maybe a size 40. I do wear a belt with them. I have not used their suspenders though i did read a few reviews that seemed to suggest that the suspenders aren't long enough for tall guys. I also have Sitka Kelvin puffy pants in XL i believe to layer underneath (not really concerned with length but its enough to tuck into my boots, waist has more than enough).

Base layer - i have the FL Kiln merinos in XL (successor to the allegheny). Prior to that i wore the Under Armour cold gear base layer in XXL. I find that the elastic on the FL merino bottoms is pretty generous, so for me it was better to run a size smaller. Length wise, they are 3/4 boot length so doesnt matter to me (i dont have huge calves).

I carry more height in my torso which makes it very hard to find tops. For shirts i am usually XLT, or XXL for my normal clothes. From FL, for jackets I have worn the Woodbury and just bought the new Catalyst softshell in XXL. Both fit excellent for the sleeves and torso length (i am about a 36-37" sleeve). An extra inch or two of length in the torso wouldnt have been the worst thing, but both still fell below the belt which is my preference. Neither were too baggy in the chest but still offered plenty of room to layer. Just picked up an uncompaghre puffy vest to layer under the catalyst, plan to run with that this year instead of the woodbury for more flexibility, so can't speak to the effectiveness yet though i think it will be fine. I got an XL in the vest because i wanted a snugger fit under my jacket. Length is just fine (at the belt, but not below).

FL shirts i have only tried the Wilkin in XXL but found it to be too baggy in the chest with a wide neck loop which i didnt care for and returned it. May look to try either the chama or halstead but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have an Icebreaker 260 weight long sleeve zip size XXL that i like, but still in the market for another merino top that has a good fit in both torso length and sleeve length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back