Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bowsight Pin Colors?

TrentHunter

I have a 7 pin Spot Hogg sight and I am going to change my pins to .010 size and I have the opportunity to change the pin colors. I have done some research and it looks like the red color pins are not good. I am thinking about doing green,yellow,green and so on. What is your guys advice?

My wife changed out her pins on her MBG 5-pin to go green-yellow-green-yellow-green. The red pin was not great with her eyes.

Myself, I like the red and it seems to be the brightest for me when in full-light. With green being best in the lowest light levels. Yellow is the hardest for me to see but still nice and bright.

I think this is going to be a personal preference choice. We had the benefit of our local archery shop having all the various sights and pin colors available so we could try them and swap them to find what works best. Also, MBG is based right here too, so changing pin sizes and colors was super-easy! :)

By far green is the best. I use it as my first go to pin (pin most commonly used). I also have yellow and pink.

good luck to all
the dog

I agree with widnert, it’s going to be personal preference. Years ago I liked reds and yellow then green. Later on I went with green and yellows and now it doesn’t make any difference they all glare and seem to run together for me. Going back to one pin and moveable.

Everybody's eyes are different. In low light I like green and yellow. In full daylight I like red and the green starbursts a lot on me.

I use .019 green, .019 green, .010 green, and the bottom one is the slider .010 in green.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back