North Carolina hunter going west!

trjones716

Hello everyone...My name is Roy, I am from North Carolina. I hunt white-tailed deer, eastern wild turkey, doves, ducks, geese, etc...I hunt in NC, VA, and occasionally SC. I use a rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, bow, and sometimes my bare hands...jk. I've killed a lot of deer and turkeys on the east coast, but would now like to try my luck at hunting big game out west. I have been to Idaho and Utah before on wildfires, but unfortunately was not there to hunt. This year I am changing that. Me and my buddy drew tags for antelope in WY unit 43. I am super excited about this new adventure. We have been watching a lot of Randy's shows, and doing tons of research. I'm sure this is the beginning of another annual hunting trip for the next 30 years. Feel free to throw me any advice, as it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is trying to hunt on the east coast, specifically VA or NC, feel free to send me a message. I can try to help you out in anyway I can.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Welcome from up the road in Raleigh. I grew up closer to Benson/ Smithfield, so not a city guy, just here for school. I've done some work on the ag research station in Clinton, and on a private farm outside of Mount Olive. Like that part of the state. Look forward to having you around here! Its a great place to learn, for sure.

I lived up in Raleigh for a while myself. graduated from NCSU in 2010. Yeah I know the research station out on highway 403. You been out west much?

Welcome and good luck this year. I'm from NC too and made my first trip to Wyoming last year. You won't be disappointed.

Welcome, neighbor! I grew up in NC and hunted the same critters as you, and still do. I can tell you, you won't be disappointed with heading west to chase antelope, or anything. You'll end up looking at NC hunting as something to get you by until you head back the next year! At least that's the case for me anyway!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back