Porta potty’s

Addicting

We are getting ready to head out the door with the camper for a few days of walleye fishing and our yard sale Porta potty has developed a leak in the tank seal. All hillbilly fixes have not worked and it appears it’s time to retire it.

What’s the most common for out West car /wall tent camping? Are you digging a hole, stepping up to a seated 5 gallon pail, going all out and a poo thru bag chair, or going full luxurious with a portable toilet?

We are headed to middle of nowheresville Wyoming this year with 3 big guys, so I need to find a new way to deal with the issue.
D710B570-91F4-43EA-8CCF-ADC85F14BE6C.jpg

In Iraq on an 8 day patrol we kicked in the end of a wooden ammo crate and lined it with a trash bag and did the deed. There was no shame or modesty in my platoon :W:

In Iraq on an 8 day patrol we kicked in the end of a wooden ammo crate and lined it with a trash bag and did the deed. There was no shame or modesty in my platoon :W:

My buddy shat in an mre box in the back of an mrap. The gunner was not happy about "disposing" of said shitbox.

We used one like this for several years when we had a trailer with no toilet when the kids were small. They wouldn't go outside in the dark.
We also used it when hunting for a while and they work great. The chemical used in it is eally effective in eliminating any odors.

2050296_13080707464215_is.jpg

We used one like this for several years when we had a trailer with no toilet when the kids were small. They wouldn't go outside in the dark.
We also used it when hunting for a while and they work great. The chemical used in it is eally effective in eliminating any odors.

View attachment 84023

That’s what we are looking at to replace our camper one for the kids. For out west we are leaning more towards the bucket / hole idea. Can’t say I’ve never dropped one in the sage before, but don’t know if it is appropriate where other folks might be walking around after we leave.

... bucket / hole idea.
Sporting goods stores carry double-bag systems with granulated powder in the bottom of the bag. You can buy a plastic toilet seat which seals on a 5 gal pail. No odor, no mess; just keep TP and hand sanitizer handy and toss the bag in the trash after you seal it up. It's simple and sanitary. (ie; I just bought a twelve-bag box on sale at Bob Wards in Bozeman today.)

https://www.kotulas.com/deals/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10602&storeId=10152&productId=36704&langId=-1&utm_source=google_pla&utm_medium=Less-than-$50&utm_content=17846&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt_P7reDt2wIVAv5kCh0zcAk-EAQYASABEgK4GfD_BwE

Ahhh...memories....we did the same thing. We ripped off the seat from a porta potty in Kuwait and put a sleeping pad on it. Nicest can in Iraq. Only rule was it better come back clean. We had officers coming to ask to borrow ours.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back