Caribou Gear Tarp

Porta potty’s

Dig a hole or if there for extended stay make a privy out of logs, no puns intended.
Since we always have a chainsaw I have cut out a notch in two logs and made a seat out of them set beside each other. Dig a hole first, put the logs over it with the notch seat . Find a little grove of sapling to put on it.
Someone stole our potty seat one time while we were out hunting, who does that ? That's why we make one now when we get to camping spot.

Have driven up on a guy one time sitting out in the wide open plains beside the paved road doing his business, we were antelope hunting. Nobody wants to see that.

Basic field sanitation; more than 200 feet from a water source, dig down to mineral soil, bury with the spoil when done. We keep an entrenching tool near the door of the tent with the toilet paper roll on the handle protected by a plastic bag. When we floated the Missouri Breaks and weren't supposed to dig catholes my buddy came up with two battered and rusty old .50-cal ammo cans; we each used one and they went in the dumpster at the end of the trip.

A couple years back we were hunting elk in the Centennial Mountains in Montana. We were in some good country but I had to go bad. I went off in the trees to dig a hole and was in the middle of business with pants around my ankles when shots rang out. My buddy had spotted a Bull while he was waiting for me.

Porta potty would be great for holding your hiking skirt out of the way.
[video=youtube_share;2-8gsWZqDBM]https://youtu.be/2-8gsWZqDBM[/video]

Never had a problem just copping a squat. My buddy broke down and bought this for some strange reason. It is nice to be able to relax and enjoy your surroundings.
20170915_105113.jpg

Warning- don't use the last photo if you want to stay clean. A few years ago we had one of those tubing crappers at elk camp. I went out at dark, dug a hole and proceeded to collapse the thing into a fresh pile of my own $hit. My buddy welded one up out of angle iron that folds up the same way but it will hold a 220 pounder. That was not a good experience.

Back