Caribou Gear Tarp

East tx public land hunter checking in !

Sabineshooter

Hello guys , I’m a long time lurker and this season will be a first time western hunter ! Me and a buddy put in for high odds antelope / mule deer tags in Wyoming . We ended up drawing antelope 22 and region j for deer. We know it’s gonna be a challenge but that’s what we are after . Hunting national forest in east tx we are used to it ! Anyway I’m looking forward to learning and sharing any knowledge I can about Texas whitetail/pig hunting ! Here’s a buck I got on public land last season!

Attachments

• 0077D513-1752-448B-BF6E-457528A805D8.jpg
    0077D513-1752-448B-BF6E-457528A805D8.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 74
Welcome. Seems you've dispelled the rumor that there are no public land deer in Texas. Congrats on that buck.

If you get handy with the onX HUNT app, you should find plenty of land to hunt and plenty of critters to chase in Wyoming.

There are some good deer on public in tx , but you have to work hard for them. It’s taken me years to get a buck like that ! I’ve gotten pretty good with onx around Texas but as a flat lander it’s gonna be difficult to know what kind of terrain I’m looking at in the Rockies .

Back