Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hello from the West Coast

deertacos

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now, figured it was time to join and introduce myself since it seems to be a good hunting community.

I'm a hunter and forester in Northern California, originally from Arizona, and lived many places in between. I hunt blacktails, bears, and turkeys here in CA, and finally have the freedom and resources to start doing an annual out-of-state hunt. My brother and I struck out for antelope in the Wyoming draw, so I'll soon be posting questions regarding OTC/leftover opportunities in other states.

For the more experienced users on this site, do you have any tips as far as posting specific questions or topics to get the most helpful information? I don't want to be yet another person asking, "I just drew XXXX tag in _____ state, tell me where all the big bucks are at". Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome, there is still a ton of opportunities in Wyoming in the left over. Looking at the tags left you would have a reasonable shot at a cow elk tag or antelope does. Seasons can overlap so you can do a freezer hunt and learn the landscape for next year.

That's kind of what we were thinking... maybe try for a Region A general leftover deer tag and a leftover cow elk tag. Any experience hunting Unit 7 for cow elk late season? I know that area has issues with hunting pressure and limited access, but maybe by mid-late November it wouldnt be as bad. Thoughts?

Welcome. As for ways to get useful information, you seem to be well on your way. Giving a bit about yourself, sharing some of your own experiences, and offering information that might benefit others will get plenty of folks to share information, usually via PM, but share nonetheless.

Good luck in your search for a pronghorn tag. This forum has been blamed for making pronghorn hunting "cool" and as a result we get accused as the cause for fewer and fewer leftovers in Wyoming each year. When the leftovers are available, you will be able to find some info here.

Where at in Northern Ca? I'm in Redding and my wife works for Sierra Pacific. Welcome to the forum.

Back