Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What did/do you do with your bears?

Thanks for all the input, but still haven't decided.

IMG_7867.jpg
IMG_7918.jpg
IMG_7921.jpg

Again, not big but it's my first and I like the colors on him.

Attachments

• IMG_7918.jpg
    IMG_7918.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_7921.jpg
    IMG_7921.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
I don't know what it is. No one would expect you to go out on your first white tail and tag one in the 130s...or any whitetail. But if you shoot a bear he needs to be 6ft.

Have a few rugs, this one an interior sow

rug.jpg

Wife wants a new one for the cabin. They do look great tanned

attachment.php

Had planned on a rug, but couldn't split that white patch!

I've had both of mine rugged. If you're not sure if you're ever going to get after bears again, I'd definitely get something done with it. Rugs are a nice option especially if you have the wall space for it. When considering your options for 1/2, rug, etc. I'd think about wall space. Save the full body mount for a Booner.

I'm a fan of rugs personally, but to each their own. Great bear!

I did full body, although absolutely beautiful if done correctly, they take up a lot of space, and of course a lot of $$$. My opinion I'd rug yours.
IMG_0731.JPG

Only one rug for me. Takes up too much wall space. :D The rest I just tan them and hang them from a nail/hook.

Only one rug for me. Takes up too much wall space. :D The rest I just tan them and hang them from a nail/hook.

I'm in the same boat. I rugged a beautiful color phase fall bear, and would do it again in a heart beat with how it turned out. The boar from this year is getting the tanned and euro treatment. Won't say that I won't rug again, but wall/floor space is a limiting factor. As for the meat, I've always had great success with a rump roast and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's slow cooked for a few hours- Delicious!

I got my first into a run and the last two I hosted tanned out and hang by the nose. The fur is too nice just to trash. I got two tags this year yet. One here in Minnesota and then another in Montana would like to get a shoulder or 3/4 if I get a good sized one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back