Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming area 64

djlax

Hello everyone,

I drew a tag for area 64. This will be my first pronghorn hunt and we're going unguided/public land. Advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone with experience hunting in area 64. Thanks!

-Jason

Hello everyone,

I drew a tag for area 64. This will be my first pronghorn hunt and we're going unguided/public land. Advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone with experience hunting in area 64. Thanks!

-Jason

Drive/hike around until you see antelope. It really is that easy in a place with as much public land as 64. The best advice to ask for is how to care for the meat. There are lots of threads on that, here and elsewhere.

What is #42?

It's an insider joke among the regular members as to how many new people have come on the site asking for help like you did having never entered into any discussions, etc. before! I hope you will stay active and help others after your hunt is over and show us a few pictures of your hunt. Good luck and be safe out there!

I’ll share my infinite wisdom on antelope hunting. 64-1 permit + 4x4 truck + 5 days + 3 tanks of gas+ 2 cases of beer = one B&C antelope and a heck of a fun time.

Of course you could always settle for a dink, which is risky if you run out of beer.

I’ll share my infinite wisdom on antelope hunting. 64-1 permit + 4x4 truck + 5 days + 3 tanks of gas+ 2 cases of beer = one B&C antelope and a heck of a fun time.

Of course you could always settle for a dink, which is risky if you run out of beer.

I almost didn't look at this thread, figuring what it was about but this post made my day.

Seriously if this is your first lope hunt don't worry about finding animals. I've never had that problem. Worry about learning to judge one on the hoof that will be big so you don't shoot a so so antelope. Enjoy yourself and have a good time and like several said don't let this be one and done come back and tell us a grand story this fall of the hunt and be an active member here. It's a great place to hang out with some super knowledgeable members that will bend over backwards for you after you've been here a while.

This equation should become a scientific law.

Thanks for the laugh Greenhorn!

I appreciate that. I've done as much internet homework as I could over the past year. I will take the advice given here and focus on field judging, this will be a weakness for me. Thanks again and I will surely keep posting.

Field judging the pronghorn was difficult for me also. Just don't shoot the first one you see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back