MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Zamberlan Lathrop & Sons Kenetrek Crispi

SFN2821

In the process of finding my first real quality hunting boot for eastern and western hunting. Think I've decided to go with an uninsulated boot for the type of hunting I'll be doing. Not looking for input on which boot to go with but am more interested in anyone's experiences with these particular companies and the boots I've listed below. Thanks all!

Crispi Guide GTX
Zamberlan 980 Outfitter GTX
Kenetrek Mountain Extreme
Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter

I have only had experience with Kenetreks. I bought a pair several years ago and they have been my least favorite boot. They get a lot of love in the industry so I wonder if I just got a bad pair. I need to send them back and have them stretch the heal compartment to see if it will help eliminate some of the problem (heal blisters). I personally think the soles are too stiff (once again, it may be my pair) and feels like I am walking on two 2x4s. Since I paid $300+ I have tried and tried to find a solution (wore the to the office for months, oiled them numerous times, grunted through the pain and uncomfort for a couple hundred miles, removed insoles, added insoles...) with no success so far. Moral to the story, boots are a real personal decision. Your personal comfort should be 95% of your deicsion while the expereince of others should 5% max.

All of them are very good boots. Focus on finding the one that fits your foot. Had great luck with both Crispi and Zamberlan.

All of them are very good boots. Focus on finding the one that fits your foot. Had great luck with both Crispi and Zamberlan.
These first two sentences have it. Not always cheap or easy, but if they don't fit they aren't good boots for you.

I've been wearing the Crispi Nevada's uninsulated for a few weeks now. Incredibly comfortable out of the box. Haven't really used them hiking a lot yet but around the yard and some flat hiking they've been great.

I have Zamberlans that I bought from Lathrop’s & Sons (before they marketed their own boot). Very happy with them but can say I had a custom fit with adjustments. Tried on the Mountain Hunters and they seem very well built. Very light. But my Zamberlans have a lot of miles left in them so I can’t justify the expense.

I'll third the Zamberlans and Crispi boots. I also have both. Really impressed with the Crispi comfortable right out of the box. That being said if you can try them on first buy the one that fits your foot best. All are good made boots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back