Caribou Gear Tarp

Michigan Flatlander

Brauee20

I've lurked for a long time with nothing much to add, finally headed out west this year with my dad.

Grew up hunting rabbits and whitetail on the family farm in Michigan. Moved to Florida for five years for college and was fortunate enough to get some hunting in down there as well and a ton of fishing. Bounced around after college, Indiana, Wisconsin and finally back to Michigan.

My dad retired last December and we've been planning a couple trips out west over the next couple years for a handful of years now. We hashed out an agreement, instead of paying him back what he contributed towards my schooling, I'd take him on a hunting trip every year. We are headed to Wyoming for goats this year and Colorado (if we don't win the New Mexico lottery) next year for elk. Maybe Newfoundland moose if I can swing it in 3 years.

Thank you to everyone who has shared information on here, we've been through most of the relevant pronghorn threads with a fine tooth comb, and have a pretty solid plan in place. We were fortunate enough to draw buck and doe tags at around a 40% percent chance at each.

Welcome. Good luck on your hunt. I remember my first Wyoming hunt like it was yesterday. Prepare to get addicted.

Sounds like you and your Father have some good times ahead for the next few years/falls. Good luck in Wyoming and welcome.

Beware of the pronghorn ailment. There is no known cure, only more pronghorn hunting. Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back