Drew wyoming deer 101.. not sure if im excited or not

Maplevalleymike

Has anyone hunted it last year?. Been hearing mixed feed back on how the unit is doing..anyone with resent experience in the unit... would be nice to hear what you saw.. thanks in advance:)

At Least he didn’t ask for the spot someone shot a nice critter in like the last guy did.

For what it’s worth, welcome!

The county I grew up in relied on the nearest city for fire truck response to house fires beyond the city limits. You paid an annual fee due mid-year if you were outside the city limits. If paid, the city fire truck came. If did not pay, firetruck was not coming that year. If lived inside the city limits then your property tax allotment covered fire response.

I sometimes feel like the forum is a fire station picking up the phone and the caller has a house on fire but did not pay. But wants the fire truck's services. Now. But otherwise no interest last week or next week. Should have an aloe icon for that burn.

I live in a city my neighbor's house is on fire I put it out with my garden hose before the fire trucks got there with no compensation involved. Thought the site was a neighborhood of Hunters... in another words if a fellow hunter was asking me about my hometown hunting I would definitely help him out as much as I could if I didn't want to help I would simply wouldn't reply.. end of the story.. looking forward to a good year of hunting..

this is kind of a tough place to look for help. I was thinking of starting a thread about how to e-scout (if that's the term), for mule deer in a type of habitat I don't know much about. But I think I'll just skip that and find my learning somewhere else.

Thought the site was a neighborhood of Hunters... in another words if a fellow hunter was asking me about my hometown hunting I would definitely help him out as much as I could

Please read your first post. Did you tell anyone where you were from or what your experience is in so they could ask you for help? This site is great for hunters helping hunters. Your post is very similar to those who come here as hunters just taking from hunters and are never heard from again. I’m guessing that wasn’t your intentions but it comes across that way.

this is kind of a tough place to look for help. I was thinking of starting a thread about how to e-scout (if that's the term), for mule deer in a type of habitat I don't know much about. But I think I'll just skip that and find my learning somewhere else.

This site is no different than any other hunting website in that the regular members like to have some interaction with each other before they start helping another to any real extent. There are too many people that just come on sites in a first post asking for help, get it, and you never see or hear from them again without even a thank you. Over on Eastmans site they actually ask that a person not come on their site asking for information without going to their introductory forum first to tell members about themselves and be on there for a decent length of time before asking for help. I've lost count of how many people have come on that site asking for help in a first post and usually either a Moderator or some long time member tells them exactly what I mentioned.

Last edited:
Really? This is probably one of the better, if not the best hunting site out there. Often, when users are tactful in their approach, they are rewarded with a ton of helpful knowledge.

+1 been on this site for almost a year and learned a ton. If looking for unit specifics best to be an active participant for a while. If looking for gear advice, or general hunting chatter, ask awayday one.

Has anyone hunted it last year?. Been hearing mixed feed back on how the unit is doing..anyone with resent experience in the unit... would be nice to hear what you saw.. thanks in advance:)

You should be excited for even drawing that unit. Even if the quality doesn't quite match the draw odds, you should do just fine. Just have realistic expectations. You'll have very little competition and a lot of public land to to hunt. That alone is reason to be excited.

Really? This is probably one of the better, if not the best hunting site out there. Often, when users are tactful in their approach, they are rewarded with a ton of helpful knowledge.

I agree. I have had members give amazing advice that has helped me be successful, but you have to understand how the community works. You can't just enter and ask for unit specific information. Spend some time helping the community with your own experience, learn who the players are, who had drawn the tag before and see what they are willing to share. For example, this I drew a NM elk tag this year and have been overwhelemed by the info people were willing to share.

I second that

Dude. You get to go hunting. That in and of itself is something to be excited about.

Go and enjoy yourself. The area has produced some good bucks in the past and maybe you can turn one up. I don't believe that you can return the tag so make the best of it!

I drew a WY deer tag this year with 5 more points than I needed, I could have chosen an area where I could have driven around until I found a 170+ buck but I wanted to do something more adventurous. Some will argue that this was a waste of a lot of years' investment but I think the joy is in the adventure not just the photos of the big buck at the end.

i drew 102 this year and was there looking around last weekend. seemed to be really good deer numbers. i understand 101 is a different unit but close enough. I wish you luck on your hunt. id think it would be good.

i drew 102 this year and was there looking around last weekend. seemed to be really good deer numbers. i understand 101 is a different unit but close enough. I wish you luck on your hunt. id think it would be good.

I don't think he'll read your post, as he was another just like we talked about that made a first post asking for help and hasn't been back on the site since that night!

Congrads on the Tag Draw !
That was the hard part now do your research on huntable ground get your maps and gear ready and when it's time, put your boots on and shoot a nice Buck ! Post the pictures and just be happy you got to hunt this Fall !!
Good luck to you !

Congrats on the tag!
I'm wanting to move to Wyoming, but having tough sale on the wife for some reason.

As for help on the forum.
Sometimes you get a new member to the sight, simply because they have questions. I know it's how i've started on some. And i'm still a member and help where i can.

If you asked about hunting in PA, i'd gladly share my experiences and invite to join me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back