Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Unit 7!

tmike51

Good Afternoon,

My brothers and Dad hunted unit 17 last year. We went 3-4 and had an absolute blast. Well this year we drew unit 7 and I have been doing some research already leading up to the draw. I like the looks of the southwest corner and the southeast corner. But from our experience last year I know you also can't overlook the small little parcels. If anyone has any advice or information on this unit it would be most welcome! Thank you!

My only advice. Which isnt advice at all, is leave one for us. My son also drew unit 7. Based on my research we should have a fun time and create great memories.

My only advice. Which isnt advice at all, is leave one for us. My son also drew unit 7. Based on my research we should have a fun time and create great memories.

Maybe we will see you out there! Best of luck to your boy!

I too will be hunting solo in unit 7. Anyone wanna make this a OYOA rondy?

Seriously though, anyone wanna join our camps together to watch out for one another?

Congrats. I'm heading to 17 this year. Hope to do as well as you did last year.

My tip to you would be to go the second or even the third week of the season. The first week will be crazy with hunters everywhere. By the second week it had thinned out a lot. There will still be competition but not near as bad. We killed all 3 of our speed goats the last 2 days of our trip. We were there the second week. As the week went on the pressure went down and we started to see Antelope moving back into or through public ground. There are a couple portions of really big BLM and state that are really tempting if you like to hike to hunt, however, we never saw a goat on any of it. I would drive to every little piece you can get on glass it over and move on. Just keep moving until you catch antelope on public. Don't give up, if you put on miles you will get your chance at animals. There is one particular piece that we killed two on because it is a bit of a hike to get to the corner. If you are interested send me a PM and I will send you my Onx coordinates for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back