MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Who's huntin WY speed-goats this year?

Congrats Donnie!

My fall plans are now mostly in place:

Late September/early October in Wyoming. I have a cow elk tag and a pronghorn buck tag. BIL has a pronghorn buck and doe pronghorn tags. I hunted this same pronghorn unit last year, but will be my first time hunting this elk unit. I have hunted right across the road though.

Early November will be 3rd season deer in Colorado. If I don't fill my Wyoming elk tag in October, I may head there if I fill my deer tag early to try and fill that cow tag.

The gaps between and after these hunts will be filled in with Indiana whitetail hunting. We still have some draws here which will affect my plans, but I can at least go ahead and get my time off scheduled now.

Sounds like you have an ACTION PACKED fall !! I'm jealous! Next year I am hoping to do more hunting.

I'm "almost" bummed that I burned the few points I had, but I wanted to guarantee a hunt for my wife.

Congrats Donnie!

My fall plans are now mostly in place:

Late September/early October in Wyoming. I have a cow elk tag and a pronghorn buck tag. BIL has a pronghorn buck and doe pronghorn tags. I hunted this same pronghorn unit last year, but will be my first time hunting this elk unit. I have hunted right across the road though.

Early November will be 3rd season deer in Colorado. If I don't fill my Wyoming elk tag in October, I may head there if I fill my deer tag early to try and fill that cow tag.

The gaps between and after these hunts will be filled in with Indiana whitetail hunting. We still have some draws here which will affect my plans, but I can at least go ahead and get my time off scheduled now.

Great! So you are going hunting AND you got a point!!

Also, since you will likely be hunting a unit that didn't take points to draw, it might be easier to get some "tips" from people that have hunted it in the past.

I'm in! First time hunting Wyoming!! first choice didn't pan out... thank goodness for second choice!

Going in next year I will have 2 measily elk points, I may just have to see if I can do a special and do an elk hunt!

Never hunted elk OR muley! I need to get after it!

Yep with 2nd choice. Got WY deer on 2nd and elk tag with 1st. Seasons overlap so might be a long road trip with big coolers.

Our party of 5 drew a buck and 2 doe tags a piece for unit 16. Our 3rd choice buck and 2nd choice doe. The # of people in the regular and doe draws really looked like they jumped.

My father and I both drew a pair of buck and doe tags in Area 3. ;)

Was able to pick up a unit 29 buck tag and a unit 26 doe tag. The countdown has begun.

My daughter and I got buck and doe tags via 2nd choice so we kept our points. My dad is going with as well and has a doe tag. Tough access but we will figure something out.

Back