Gallatin Mountain Goat Hunt

Any chance someone on here created a new account and made this inflammatory newbie post just to stir everyone up, it almost seems like a big fat lob right over the middle of home plate, taunting someone to take a swing, especially after the gauntlet was already thrown down in the MSG 2018 results thread? Wouldn't that be something.....

Hubbler31, you have no idea how tenderly this request has been replied to. If you were on some other forums where language and Tom foolery is allowed your post might have been flamed greatly.
The gentlemen on this forum have offered sage advice to be considered. Plus, given that this is your initial post without telling of yourself you should be humbled and thankful of the posters restraint.
You drew the tag, it is your responsibility to do the research, scouting, burning shoe leather and all that goes with a hunt of this nature. This, by the way, encompasses the entire realm of the hunt. You take the animal, you take the pictures, you have the enjoyment to look at the person in the mirror knowing and enjoying the memories knowing that it was your efforts alone.

I wanted to hunt mountain goats...
For my sins I drew a tag...
Enjoy the pain....
cherish the memories!

awesome photos and Goat. thanks for sharing JBS

Enjoy your summer scout as much as you can. not because you can't shoot a goat without scouting but because it will get you in shape and be just as memorable if not more so than the hunt. maybe ask for help in a more subtle manner. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Sometimes some good info is given on first timer threads. They just have to read between the lines a little. mtmuley

My favorite part about this thread is that we killed that goat in the Tobacco Roots.

I wonder, but I think I know, how this thread would have went back in the old days when Moosie owned the joint.

Any chance someone on here created a new account and made this inflammatory newbie post just to stir everyone up, it almost seems like a big fat lob right over the middle of home plate, taunting someone to take a swing, especially after the gauntlet was already thrown down in the MSG 2018 results thread? Wouldn't that be something.....

My first thought as well. No way could this be a real post!

I would second the recommendation to buy Doug Chadwick's book about goats. If you get to the end of that book and still want someone else's spot, you're probably not cut out for goat hunting. While you're at it, read his book on wolverines - "The Wolverine Way" and keep an eye peeled. Saw a lynx up there earlier this year as well. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.

If you need that specific of directions to find a white animal that lives above treeline then maybe you should just hire a guide. He will cook your food, set up your tent, glass for you and put you into goats. Heck, he may even shoot it for you if you ask nicely.

For the life of me though I can’t understand why you wouldn’t just private message the individual rather than ask on an open forum for someone to give out somebody else’s personal experience and places.

But it's more fun that he didn't!:)

Gerald- great carefully thought out response! I've got to remember some of the analogies use! Perfect!

To the OP- I would take Greenhorns offer! A little pricey, but everything in hunting is a gamble!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back