Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gallatin Mountain Goat Hunt

Hubbler31

Can anyone tell me where Randy Hodges was hunting for Mountain Goats in the Randy Newberg Goat Quest video? I was fortunate enough to draw the Gallatin tag and am trying figure out where to go.

I'm pretty sure Greenhorn is the right guy to ask. He's usually full of information :) LOL

Yeah...what FishN4Eyes said, there are plenty of goats there. Wearing down boot leather this summer will reveal a lot of what you're looking for.

So which tag do you have....... welcome to the forum.......

Why not just ask for a free guided hunt?

I would suggest looking at or slightly above timber line for goats...they're big and white and not that tough to see.

I’m not very familiar with the unit and cannot be of any assistance, but I already love this thread

Sheesh the new norm in special tag scouting. From the look of the posts rolling in we are on track for a new record on MSG forum scouting.

I'm pretty sure Greenhorn is the right guy to ask. He's usually full of information :) LOL

Yeah...what FishN4Eyes said, there are plenty of goats there. Wearing down boot leather this summer will reveal a lot of what you're looking for.

Ya this is the guy to ask for sure

Last year proved to be a bugger with that early huge snowfall in September. By the middle of October there was well over 4 feet in the upper basins

Attachments

• 9A48A36E-998B-4B7A-9810-46D95FB5357A.jpg
    9A48A36E-998B-4B7A-9810-46D95FB5357A.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 683
I had that permit a couple years after Randy I scouted/ hunted every drianiage from the Park to Bozeman. I had as much fun scouting in the summer as I did hunting. You can shoot a goat within sight of your truck in several locations if that is what your after. There is a trail along the entire crest from Hyalite clear into the park. Good Luck

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back