Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming drawing

NDMuley

Anyone else getting over excited about the drawing tomorrow? I find myself looking at antelope forms and watching videos more today than ever. Good luck to all that have applied. If anyone wants to share some stories for us to read to pass the time that would be great.

Just points for me this year, but I will be living vicariously through you folks who draw this year! Can't wait to start seeing the results tomorrow.

I haven't been this excited about anything in a while. I have my 15 year old daughter and her 14 year old cousin in the draw for our first ever antelope hunt. Really want to see them get drawn. Unit 38 with 2 points so I think they will get drawn but really excited !!! Hope I can put together a good hunt for them. I plan on going up a few days ahead of to scout. They will fly into Denver Airport with my wife a couple days after. Good luck to everyone.

Can’t wait! Dad and I are going together. Will be a great time!

Good luck to all! Always look forward to seening everybodies mill posts!

I grew up in Wyoming and didn’t hunt Antelope until I was 35. We were a deer family and my dad always told us how bad antelope was as table fair. After watching so many of Randy’s antelope videos I thought I would give it a try. Picked up 2 leftover doe tags last year. Fun hunt. Loved the meat. Now I’m all in for as many antelope tags I can get. Come on 10 am.

Good luck to all.

hopefully for girls first hunt

hope to be taking my daughter on her first big game hunt and my first antelope hunt. Using the "short cut/ backdoor" provided by bigfin on instagram, it appears that we drew!! now i need a .243 load for her.........

hope to be taking my daughter on her first big game hunt and my first antelope hunt. Using the "short cut/ backdoor" provided by bigfin on instagram, it appears that we drew!! now i need a .243 load for her.........

Dove_hunter introduced my wife last year and set her up with a .243. Trying to keep recoil to a minimum to develop good habits I set her up with a .243 and the Hornady reduced recoil loads in i believe 95 grains. Those loads surprised me with their accuracy and were very effective on the antelope she shot last year. Might be worth looking into if you or your daughter has any concerns on recoil.

Just checked in and my draw was successful. Now the work begins. This will be my first Antelope hunt, and I am super excited to be going.

I got my pronghorn buck tag, unsuccessful on doe pronghorn and doe whitetail.

BIL got his buck pronghorn and doe pronghorn tags.

Come on October!

Unsuccessful on lope tags but scored a deer doe tag. Excited to check my first western hunt off the bucket list this year!

Got my 2nd choice buck tag. No doe tags. Now to start planning the trip.

Put in for two doe antelope tags and didn't draw either. Tag quota was cut by 68% and twice as many applicants applied this year. Never saw that coming!

Daughter and I got buck and doe tags. My dad is coming along too and got a doe tag. 2nd choice but that was the plan so we could build points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back