Caribou Gear

2018 Pennsylvania Elk Draw

406LIFE

...just put my app in. Anyone else?

Saw there is a new unit this year. Glad to see that.

I'm putting in, but haven't done it yet. I think i'm working on my 3rd or 4th point this year. I'm only 1 1/2 hours away, so why not?

My wife will be applying.
See if we get lucky twice.
Some amazing bulls

I'll be in again this year with 15 points.
I apply every year for either sex and any unit. Still no love.
My son turned 12 this year, he wants to apply too. We'll see if his luck is better than the old mans.

I'll be in! The odds are astronomical but someone has to win! Even with max points draw odds are under 1%. I consider it a donation to the elk herd

If any of you guys draw let me know. I would be happy to help you out. I never put in but I live up around some of the area and have a camp right in elk country. Good luck to you all!

Is it just me, or did the lottery really change this year ? Bull, cow, either, pick? A specific area? Pick One.Someone with an update would be appreciated.

I haven't yet, but def will be. I've only put in for a few years, but my grandfather had been doing it for a long time and never drew. After he passed I jokingly asked a warden if I could somehow inherit his points. He said they hear that question so often they should post it on their FAQ page. So I guess that's a long-winded way of saying, good luck and keep us updated if anyone does draw a tag!

I just got a survey invite from PA game commission about the the elk draw. The questions were regarding level of interest for a September archery season, January Cow hunt, a longer season, and likes and dislikes of the current draw procedures/odds. I answered with my interest for a September Archery season.

I just got a survey invite from PA game commission about the the elk draw. The questions were regarding level of interest for a September archery season, January Cow hunt, a longer season, and likes and dislikes of the current draw procedures/odds. I answered with my interest for a September Archery season.

I just heard about this today. Curious to see what's in it/what comes of it.

Interested to know who all is included in the survey. I've put in for the point (not the draw) the last two years and didn't get anything. Or they just don't want my thoughts haha.

I guess I'd better get around to finding my 'perfect' Elk load for my 338 Fed. I mean, really, I've only got 1-50 yrs to get ready !

i put in for the elk drawing never hold my breath but it's $11 so not gonna complain one bit if i don't get drawn but will be super excited to get picked even if it's "just" a cow tag

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back