Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana 680-30 Ewe tag

trouthunterdj

Hello all, my son drew a ewe tag and I realize this may be his only chance to hunt sheep. We are no residents so it will be hard to scout. If anyone has any experience or contacts for access, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for a great site.

DDJ

I have the ram tag for the area and would more than happy to share Intel with, you pm me your info. I won't be heading up to scout for a couple weeks but I should have a fairly good lay of the land by the end of summer.

Let me know when you’re in Montana. I’ll be driving a buddy with that same tag around in a jet boat.

We hunted that tag 3 years ago with my wife. Took our 12 year old daughter and thought it would be a slam dunk. Access from the roads is VERY tough, particularly without the Bullwhacker road option. We hunted it again last year with my daughter and took the boat. Killed two ewes (one each side of the river) the first day out. For the north side, a boat is definitely going to up your odds.... that said, if you want to hoof it a ways, you may be able to get into them from the Ferry.

How are you with a canoe? Floating along that stretch of river would open up the same amount of country as a jet boat. Not quite as efficiently granted, but just a thought as access to a canoe would be a hell of a lot easier to come by than a jet boat. I've got one of each, and I'd gladly loan you the canoe. But the last guy that borrowed my jet boat for that stretch of river swamped it. So i don't loan that out as freely any more.

I drew and killed in 2006 when I was 22 years old in 680-30 very close to the ferry. PM for any help I can provide.

Nail on the head with the jet option ...... its gonna make all the difference. You can float hunt it to... Schaff will you be my guide to please?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back