trekking poles

bb1379

with 2 surgeries on a bad foot, im looking at getting some of those poles I see everyone using on the shows. seems like a good investment with my bad foot. im sure its like everything else, you can buy cheap or pay over price for them, but can someone recommend some good affordable ones? I know nothing about them. ill be hunting foothill country and with some steepness.

I have leki's with twist lock and never hunt without one in pack. The extra help is great when you are packing out

Cheap pair but still useful you should look into the cascade mountain tech hikcing poles Costco used to sell them but now you can find them on amazon or at walmart

I have Black Diamonds. Buy the best poles you can afford. You don't want them collapsing on you, then you'll have more problems.

I have Black Diamonds. Buy the best poles you can afford. You don't want them collapsing on you, then you'll have more problems.
I generally agree with that principle, but for durability while packing meat I've found the $50-$75 BD's and Komperdell's are the sturdiest. The last pole I broke was hunting this spring, and those retail for $160/pair. The pair I broke before that was a fixed length Komperdell carbon model, around the same price.

I just retired a set of Kelty poles after 8 years(only 1 was retired really) I mistakenly sat on it and bent the hell out of it. They worked great for me and are very reasonably priced. The ones I had were twist lock, but I'm looking at getting the Kelty Scree poles with the cam locks

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back