Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kimber rifle

The best advise I've ever received was to use the heaviest round that you can shoot without flinching at the recoil. A 7mm-08 will certainly do the trick with judicious aim.

Haven't heard many good words spoken about Kimbers, sadly. I was looking hard at a mountain ascent before reading/asking around.

shot deer(nz waps icld)to tahr n big boars with cals from 222 to 308 but love my new xbolt in 300wsm,,thats coming with me to namibia next yr

Thank you so much guys ! I joined BHA as a life member. The Kimber comes with my membership ! Very excited. Also, we are forming a NJ Chapter. Our first Pint Night is July 25th.
Origionaly, I was going to purchase a Ruger. Nevertheless, I am very happy with giving the Kimber a chance and get lots of range time this summer. I finally decided on the 308.
Thank you so much ! If anyone is in Jersey in July join us for for a pint.
Gerry

The 308 win is a great round and will serve you well on your deer/elk hunts. Great to hear that NJ is forming a BHA Chapter. Let us know how your new Kimber shoots and what type of glass you are going to use. Are you planning on using factory or load your own rounds?

My best friend uses a 84M in 280 AI and loves it. Shoot what ever you shoot well. 7mm-08, 308, 280 or even the bog boys like 7mm mag or 300WM whatever. They will all do the job with good ammo and a well placed shot.

blacksheep

I have a Kimber in 325, love the lite carry and handling. It's my one carry for all seasons here in Pa. and when I go to Colorado. I like a heavy bullet so I handload 200 gr partitions. I normally practice out to 300 yards (tac driver). I could shoot out to 450 but I would rather keep my shots to 3 and under. Hit a 5 x 4 muley last season and the one shot was lights out at 250. I have witnessed elk absorbing a tremendous amount of energy from a shot. They are big and tough, I've hit elk that dropped and other elk that just stood and took the hit. Good Luck

Out of the 9 I own, only one of my Kimbers took an unusual amount of work before shooting MOA.

Most of the guys who warn against them have never actually tried one and are just parroting what they read on the internet.

I have owned a lot of rifles through the years but only one was a Kimber. I bought it used online and sold it before I ever shot it. I just couldn't get used to the slop in the bolt when it was locked down. It probably had no effect on accuracy but it just bugged the heck out of me to the point I couldn't keep it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back