Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Propposed Trophy Grizly Bear hunt in Wyoming

There are so many great species to hunt. If you wish to hunt griz, submit your application. If you draw, then plan a great hunt. If you don't draw, then move on to plan a griz-less hunting season. Wyoming F&G has made a decision; it's too late for pro and con comment. Get over it.

Some of you Hunt Talkers, quit trying to establish that your particular agreement or disagreement with Wyoming's new season on griz is gospel. Some comments are interesting regarding the topic ... while others are too much like all the current political posturing and preachy hyperbole.

There are so many great species to hunt. If you wish to hunt griz, submit your application. If you draw, then plan a great hunt. If you don't draw, then move on to plan a griz-less hunting season. Wyoming F&G has made a decision; it's too late for pro and con comment. Get over it.

Some of you Hunt Talkers, quit trying to establish that your particular agreement or disagreement with Wyoming's new season on griz is gospel. Some comments are interesting regarding the topic ... while others are too much like all the current political posturing and preachy hyperbole.

But which are what? And who is to say? :)

Your post could easily be lumped into the group you are criticizing.

I’ll add, as my usual friendly reminder, the legislature not Game and Fish sets the fees.

I do expect significant numbers of threats to those who might draw and are successful. I certainly wouldn’t want my photo wandering around the internet.

Sad that we don't want to be seen as hunters. I've got pics of me with animals on the net. No problems yet. I'm ready to handle them if they come along.

Sad that we don't want to be seen as hunters. I've got pics of me with animals on the net. No problems yet. I'm ready to handle them if they come along.

Me too. But somehow I think my deer pictures are just a bit less contentious than these grizz trophy pics will be. At least it’s been a while since my deer hunting has been the subject of lawsuits from 200+ Indian tribes and animal rights groups and been the inspiration for multiple threats to state employees.

Unless your hunting photos are of you and Cecil the lion, I don’t see the connection.

Last edited:
But not relevant to the conversation.

If you don't care about Grizzly hunting, why engage? Much of hunting requires a significant investment. For instance, sheep are not a big thing to me and I don't get how folks will save SEVERAL times the amount of a NR Griz tag to hunt Dall, Stone or Marco Polo. As such, I wouldn't care about the cost and definitely wouldn't run around b@#ching about it with some spurious claim about how it "won't encourage hunting". A good rule of thumb about such activity is if you are aren't interested in the subject matter don't engage just to be a PITB.

For some reason, I just don't have a lot of interest in griz hunting myself, but I certainly wish those who draw the best of luck. I kinda hope a Hunttalker (Buzz? Anyone else applying?) gets a license so we can go along for the ride!

The $6K price tag for a license isn't gonna fly by my mama bear either, but honestly, I don't think that is too crazy high considering what it is. I don't think the prize of a WY griz tag will effect hunter numbers. Elk, deer, and antelope NR tags? that might, but I understand why they are priced as they are and as mentioned, if you want to go, you will find a way to go. If you cannot afford $300-$900 for a tag, you probably don't have it real high on your priority list.

Good luck to all of those applying. This hunt is a true success story for habitat and species conservation.

Just applied and good luck to all. Great story of proper management.

Back