PEAX Equipment

Idaho moose unit 6!!!!

flacowboy

So. Wow. Drew a moose tag in unit 6. With work the past month I’ve been slammed and didn’t even get to office computer to look till wed, didn’t believe it, and called on Thursday to make sure! Lol. It’s real! So. Time to get to work! If any one feels like pm any wisdom I would be greatly appreciative. Beyond blessed.

Portions of the unit are pretty steep, I have never hunted it for moose so not much help there. I would pack a wolf tag as well keep an eye out for the grizzlies. Call the biologists they should be able to help.

I drew my Idaho moose in unit 9 many years ago. Same type of country as 6. They don't call them swamp donkeys for nothing. Focus on the swampy areas, which north Idaho has a lot of. Good luck!

Congrats man, that is so awesome! All I can say is have fun and good luck, please keep us posted on your hunt!

Congratulations. I hunted for wolves in Unit 6 in February (none spotted). I will send you a pm.

Awesome! My brother drew Moose for 10-2. We went to scout it out, but were turned away by rain and snow, in June?! We are reading everything we can about habitat, rut tendencies, forage, etc. I've hunted Elk in unit 4, just across the road. I didn't think it was very steep.. I liked the area because the elevation is very mild to moderate. I happened upon a cow just walking down the road. If you're in close proximity, consider scouting for tracks and setting up a game camera or two. Once in a lifetime Moose, good luck!

Congrats! I will send a PM and try to give you some ideas based on my limited (1 yr) of experience in the panhandle.

I drew my Idaho moose in unit 9 many years ago. Same type of country as 6. They don't call them swamp donkeys for nothing. Focus on the swampy areas, which north Idaho has a lot of. Good luck!

What he said. Moose like drainages, water.

Life has been so hectic. But we got lucky!! I owe all of you an apology!! But I wanted to take a quick sec to say THANK YOU to all of you. That said something when you def didn’t have to! It was steep, wicked, hard, and so amazing. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would! And I plan on thanking each one of you individuals! After I get back in service, from the bussiness trip, and honey moon, Bc she moved the wedding date so I could hunt more!! Lol. Thanks again!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back