I'm sold on Tikkas.

TX_Eric

I recently picked up a Tikka T3x Lite SS in 300wsm on a whim. I had been having ongoing issues with my R700 in 7mm remmag for the past couple years and finally lost interest in it. I had gone into the gun shop a couple weeks ago with every intention of picking up a Bergara in 7mag, however they didnt have the one I wanted. Instead they had this left handed Tikka in stock, in a caliber i had been very interested in. I shoot left handed, but have never owned a lefty gun. I felt like it was fate, so i picked it up. Flash forward to today, i got it sighted in at 100 with some federal premiums loaded with 180gr partitions. This was my first 3 shot group. After that I adjusted down 3 inches and had the same results. Cant wait to send some more down range and hopefully fill the freezer with it this fall!

Attachments

• IMG_20180614_145620_096.jpg
    IMG_20180614_145620_096.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_20180614_145620_105.jpg
    IMG_20180614_145620_105.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
I have a Tikka in a 270 and really like it, looking at one in a 300 WSM as well. Is the recoil manageable? Do not want a brake on mine.

As some gun writer said (and got me to buy one) they are a $800 rifle with a $700 barrel... Great shooting rifle and the lower weight means I can carry a big bi-pod and it still weigh what many comparable rifles weigh naked, and man a bi-pod on a 300+ yard shot makes a difference when you need to send it quick! Enjoy!

I feel like the recoil is very manageable. I actually bought a limbsaver recoil pad today to put on after the range trip, but I will be returning it. It's not a gun I'd want to spend the day shooting, but I dont feel like I'd have any problem burning through a box of ammo in a sitting.

Last edited:
I bought my wife a tikka in .308 and I'm not afraid to admit I have a little bit of rifle envy.

Great. Nothing like a gun that shoots well, you shoot it well, is practical, and you even like!

I have two tikka t3 lite 300 wm and a 270 wsm both left handers... They shoot very well....IMG_0971.jpg

I have a Tikka in a 270 and really like it, looking at one in a 300 WSM as well. Is the recoil manageable? Do not want a brake on mine.

Everybody has their own tolerance for recoil, but for me, my tikka ss lite 300wsm (no brake) recoil is not a problem for a quick 3 shot zero or for one or two shots hunting, but if I am going to do a box or two at the range I appreciate the limbsaver recoil pad I slipped on.

Last edited:
Everybody has their own tolerance for recoil, but for me, my tikka ss lite 300wsm (no brake) recoil is not a problem for a quick 3 shot zero or for one or two shots hunting, but if I am going to do a box or two at the range I appreciate the limbsaver recoil pad I slipped on.

I have a 300 wsm in Sako Finnlight and have shot a friend's Tikka in 300 wsm. Recoil doesn't bother me, but as mentoned above, for extended range sessions, some protection is recommended.

I love my Tikka, and as stated above, the lightness of the naked gun allows me to heft a big bipod and nice optics around at a weight that some of the "long range" guns are weighing in without anything. It shoots the lights out, better than I'll ever shoot, and has absolutely made me a more successful hunter since hanging up Grandpa's old Remington 760 pump action 30-06 (It had a crack starting in the stock, and I didn't want the heirloom to be my everyday gun anymore). The only thing I wish is that Tikka would send me a discount for the number of their rifles I've sold by having friends borrow mine!

I guess I'm the outlier here. I bought a Tikka in 7mm-HT because ...... well because this is HT. I don't hate my Tikka, but it just sits in the safe because I've never been able to get it to shoot with my other rifles.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back