Yeti GOBOX Collection

I'm sold on Tikkas.

TX_Eric

I recently picked up a Tikka T3x Lite SS in 300wsm on a whim. I had been having ongoing issues with my R700 in 7mm remmag for the past couple years and finally lost interest in it. I had gone into the gun shop a couple weeks ago with every intention of picking up a Bergara in 7mag, however they didnt have the one I wanted. Instead they had this left handed Tikka in stock, in a caliber i had been very interested in. I shoot left handed, but have never owned a lefty gun. I felt like it was fate, so i picked it up. Flash forward to today, i got it sighted in at 100 with some federal premiums loaded with 180gr partitions. This was my first 3 shot group. After that I adjusted down 3 inches and had the same results. Cant wait to send some more down range and hopefully fill the freezer with it this fall!

Attachments

• IMG_20180614_145620_096.jpg
    IMG_20180614_145620_096.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_20180614_145620_105.jpg
    IMG_20180614_145620_105.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
I have a Tikka in a 270 and really like it, looking at one in a 300 WSM as well. Is the recoil manageable? Do not want a brake on mine.

As some gun writer said (and got me to buy one) they are a $800 rifle with a $700 barrel... Great shooting rifle and the lower weight means I can carry a big bi-pod and it still weigh what many comparable rifles weigh naked, and man a bi-pod on a 300+ yard shot makes a difference when you need to send it quick! Enjoy!

I feel like the recoil is very manageable. I actually bought a limbsaver recoil pad today to put on after the range trip, but I will be returning it. It's not a gun I'd want to spend the day shooting, but I dont feel like I'd have any problem burning through a box of ammo in a sitting.

Last edited:
I bought my wife a tikka in .308 and I'm not afraid to admit I have a little bit of rifle envy.

Great. Nothing like a gun that shoots well, you shoot it well, is practical, and you even like!

I have two tikka t3 lite 300 wm and a 270 wsm both left handers... They shoot very well....IMG_0971.jpg

I have a Tikka in a 270 and really like it, looking at one in a 300 WSM as well. Is the recoil manageable? Do not want a brake on mine.

Everybody has their own tolerance for recoil, but for me, my tikka ss lite 300wsm (no brake) recoil is not a problem for a quick 3 shot zero or for one or two shots hunting, but if I am going to do a box or two at the range I appreciate the limbsaver recoil pad I slipped on.

Last edited:
Everybody has their own tolerance for recoil, but for me, my tikka ss lite 300wsm (no brake) recoil is not a problem for a quick 3 shot zero or for one or two shots hunting, but if I am going to do a box or two at the range I appreciate the limbsaver recoil pad I slipped on.

I have a 300 wsm in Sako Finnlight and have shot a friend's Tikka in 300 wsm. Recoil doesn't bother me, but as mentoned above, for extended range sessions, some protection is recommended.

I love my Tikka, and as stated above, the lightness of the naked gun allows me to heft a big bipod and nice optics around at a weight that some of the "long range" guns are weighing in without anything. It shoots the lights out, better than I'll ever shoot, and has absolutely made me a more successful hunter since hanging up Grandpa's old Remington 760 pump action 30-06 (It had a crack starting in the stock, and I didn't want the heirloom to be my everyday gun anymore). The only thing I wish is that Tikka would send me a discount for the number of their rifles I've sold by having friends borrow mine!

I guess I'm the outlier here. I bought a Tikka in 7mm-HT because ...... well because this is HT. I don't hate my Tikka, but it just sits in the safe because I've never been able to get it to shoot with my other rifles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back