Caribou Gear

Been lurking a while, time to say hi!

JDvmi03

Hey folks, flat lander here from VA. I've been reading up a bunch on opinions of folks on the forum, before getting ready for the WY draw and gearing up.

I lucked out on my first turn this year drawing WY Elk 13-6 with a buddy, and am hoping for a pronghorn tag around the same location.

I've been hunting all my life, but in an area that doesn't allow rifles. And I've never backpack hunted. So I went out and got a used Howa 1500 30-06 and am putting plenty of time in trying to find out what ammo it likes. Been going to the gym 3 - 4 days a week, and putting miles on my bike. Other days I put my 2 year old daughter in a backpack carrier and carry her around or strap about 30lbs of bird seed into my backpack and get a couple miles in on my lunch break. I've packed up in the Winds before so I'm pretty happy with my prep so far. I'll probably use my same old Kelty Yukon, it's been a trustworthy pack so far.

Thanks for all the free advice!

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are on the right path to Wy. You might try Hornady Precision Hunter in your Howa.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back