Alberta Bear Adventure

I am bumping this thread, as I have a feeling that someone is thinking about a Canada bear hunt, and is wondering where. Or perhaps someone else is thinking about a Canada wolf hunt. In Alberta, non resident aliens need a "guide" for black bear, and if you are considering going, there are several mentions of who I adventured with for bears, and who guided Daniel and myself as an option to use as a guide for wolves during the full fur season.

Highly recommend BigBearOutfitters dot com (also known as Albertaadventures dot com) as a go to for northern Alberta hunt/fish options, as well as wolfhuntinadventures dot com (notice there is not a "g" in "huntin") to hunt wolves or other species with Byron Wolf

Last edited:
Our bears are in the good ol USA. Shipping from Ohio is being arranged. I’m told that COVID and border crossing issues have been responsible for delaying the delivery beyond what is usual. (June 5th, 2018 was the trigger date).

Mrs kansasdad has already vetoed a couple of display locations.

Last week my brother drove from his home to Ohio to pick up our three bear rugs, all the whole dodging heavy rain and flooding due to hurricane Ida. Boxing up my bear, he shipped it via UPS and it was scheduled for delivery on Thursday.

I was excited to hear the delivery date, as it has been over three years since our Canadian adventure had taken place. The scheduled drop off would occur while I was with family in the Bighorns, so Mrs kansasdad said she would wait for me to return home so we could share in the unveiling.

Daniel had killed two bears, both of which had been rugged by “Fred” and his taxidermist. He reported that the handiwork of the British Columbia taxidermist was fantastic on his felted trophies.

Our little rescue dog Fiona was enthralled with the big box sitting in our entrance area in our home. In fact she was fixated on it and nothing else. Lynne finally had to move the box to the garage where I found it today.

After returning home this afternoon, it was time to open up the box to see what was inside. I hoped that there would be a prepared rug, and maybe there would be a euro’d skull, and perhaps even the baculum.

As I was cutting the tape on the well prepared shipping box, Fiona was up on the bed, vigorously sniffing away. Opening the box, I found a wonderfully felted/lined rug with a classic growling head.
7B591901-3ADB-4218-B811-57F0B1347A13.jpeg
Fiona was all about sniffing every part of this 7 footer.

Just to let the hair and material “breathe”, kansasson draped it over the catwalk’s railing where it hangs down over the couch in the living room. Lynne says it will hang there for the next couple of days, awaiting to surprise the Wednesday night ladies bible study group.

A9BD869B-67CA-45C4-91EC-75D64466FC4D.jpeg

147BB27C-4353-4DD5-A36F-0FF266B37DB7.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back