Caribou Gear

Leftover application question Wy

Bascott1

Drew a muzzy elk tag in my normal unit in Co, the wildfires and dry conditions have shut the national forest down. Wondering how this leftover application process in wy goes. Just a back up plan thought in case our normal area for elk stays closed. Anyone have a good knowledge cause it confuses me. And any units to look at to harvest a goat. Would be happy with a couple does

Once draw results are out there will be a leftover list. Residents and non residents apply in the same pool for all leftovers. No preference points used or earned. Good luck.

That's the 2017 list. The initial draw results for this season will be posted on 6/21 and then there will be a short application period for the leftover draw with whatever tags are available in a list for each species. Just check the G&F website a day or two after 6/21 and you'll find what you need.

Yep, figured last years list might be useful for him to get an idea what was available last year in case similar units are available this year.

Awesome, thanks for the help. So I guess best option is to see what's leftover and then research the unit and harvest rates and go from there

It looks to me that this is a two part question. The elk part of your question: they have already drawn for the elk tags not sure when they post for leftovers. The other posts pretty much sum up the antelope part.

Yeah, I'm not worried about elk in Wyoming. The unit we drew for in Colorado is getting hammered with forest fires and they closed it till they get some rain. So Wyoming antelope might be a back up plan for leftover licenses

It looks to me that this is a two part question. The elk part of your question: they have already drawn for the elk tags not sure when they post for leftovers. The other posts pretty much sum up the antelope part.

Only non-resident elk licenses have been drawn. The resident elk draw will be the same time as deer and antelope. So that is when the list of leftover licenses will be available. (June 21)

Piggybacking on this.

During draws an applicant can draw 1 any or antlered full price elk tag, 1 any or antlered full price deer tag and 1 any or antlered full price pronghorn tag, correct?

If drew one each of the above (elk, deer, pronghorn) then in the leftover draw you can't obtain another any or antlered elk tag, correct?

You can draw a second any or antlered deer tag but one of the two must be for whitetail only, correct?

You can draw a second any or antlered pronghorn tag, correct?

If tags are leftover after the leftover draw then the rules still are in place for total of any or antlered full price tags per hunter, correct?

Okay, did I nail it or...fail it?

Without crazy details and from memory basically: 1 bull, 1 muley, 1type3 whitetail, 2 lope

Back