Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

“More my land than it is yours”

Man, Peay is slimy, and the fact that he is on Zinke's Hunting Sports Conservation Council is backwards as hell. Are the absolutely terrible public land management ideas that come out of Utah a result of the fact that it is basically a theocracy? Could these ideas just as easily be coming out of Montana or somewhere else? I don't know, but it's hard to overlook the lack of equilibrium there. Utah is 63% LDS; it's a state of followers. It's a state that lacks balance as it pertains to credulity.

When someone says public land belongs more to them than it does to you, I think about the cascading conclusions that could be arrived at from this line of thinking. Matter of fact, I think we see the types of conclusions, and therefore policy, stemming from this premise all the time. Case in point: The Utah Delegation.

Their argument that "We've been here longest, got here first," doesn't play well on the reservations. By that logic, the Utes, Navajos and others should be deciding how the Mormons can use land in UT.

One more reason none of my $ goes to any UT business or gov't entity.

One feeling I get every time I read a quote from Pey is that he certainly feels entitled.
Perhaps he should listen to his prophets when they speak about entitlement, greed, and the 10th commandment.
I find it interesting that whenever the subject of entitlement comes up very few people think of themselves first. Am I entitled to my wife's love? My family's inheritance? That elk meat I helped carry out?
What's worse feeling entitled to food stamps or feeling entitled to hundreds of thousands of acres of the public's land?

Can I call him a hypocrite in a hypocritical statement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back