Wyoming landowners for antelope access

dwm4375

I just spoke to a lady with the Sheridan office of WGFD. I had previously received a list of landowners from her that could be contacted to arrange private land access. She informed me that the program/list was discontinued a few years ago, but that a list would be available in August for doe hunting. If this info is of interest to anyone feel free to message me.

Does anybody know of how I would go about locating landowners selling access for hunting in a unit which would have leftover tags and/or private-land only tags? I'm in the draw for a buck tag already, but would add a leftover tag to maximize my opportunity during the same trip if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

Check out the AccessYes! programs, one program is the Hunter/Landowner Assistance which provides a list of landowners and their numbers and what species/units and sometimes it'll list the access fees. Another good resource is the local Game Wardens or Biologists, they've always been extremely helpful. Good luck.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/public-access

some local chambers of commerce have landowner contact info that allow access, mostly trespass fee related but may be work the email or call.

A county GIS map would tell you the names of land owners. Possibly the address as well depending on the county.

Has this ever worked for anyone? It strikes me as lazy. I would never give someone access to my land based on a Craigslist ad.

A few do post there. I did once. I was contacted by a local resident looking to provide outfitting services. Another time I was contacted by a local person who gave me the name of a rancher who took hunters. I got my old spot back so I didn't need either. I suppose it depends on what you have to offer or what you have for references. I got my current spot only because a business owner next to a motel where I stayed said that his neighbor took hunters. So I called him and got permission for the next fall. Hardly that much different than a referral from Craigslist.

I'd posit that most ranchers/landowners have more folks wanting to hunt than they have space for so it's not likely that they're perusing CL looking for hunters.

I just spoke to a lady with the Sheridan office of WGFD. I had previously received a list of landowners from her that could be contacted to arrange private land access. She informed me that the program/list was discontinued a few years ago, but that a list would be available in August for doe hunting. If this info is of interest to anyone feel free to message me.

Does anybody know of how I would go about locating landowners selling access for hunting in a unit which would have leftover tags and/or private-land only tags? I'm in the draw for a buck tag already, but would add a leftover tag to maximize my opportunity during the same trip if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

Sent you a pm!

Has this ever worked for anyone? It strikes me as lazy. I would never give someone access to my land based on a Craigslist ad.

LOL, I think the same thing every time I see one of those. As if landowners are scanning craigslist looking for the best story of who is "responsible". They are pure entertainment to read. I always imagine what the hunter must be like.

LOL, I think the same thing every time I see one of those. As if landowners are scanning craigslist looking for the best story of who is "responsible". They are pure entertainment to read. I always imagine what the hunter must be like.

Other people besides landowners read them since I had at more than one reply with a contact when I posted there.

Back