Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado GMU 2

muleshoe64

Heys guys- Anybody hunted unit 2 in Colorado recently? After 22 points, I finally drew a tag and I'm looking for some info on where to start looking for elk and places to hunt. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would assume after 22 years you've probably done a little research before blowing those points...

Haven't hunted it, but there's probably a few guys here who have and might PM you or they might wait and see if you contribute here first then PM you later.

Welcome to HT!

Congrats on the great tag muleshoe64.

Perhaps you could contribute a bit of storytelling on some of your past hunts to the site?

Asking for unit information on post #1 is a bit of a faux pas.

Hunt a water hole and you will see several bulls a day. It is a great unit that I will never hunt because I won't sit on points that long.

Congrats on a great tag. You've played the game and now you're up to bat! Haven't hunted it so can't add much value here but I'd say you're in for a memorable adventure. Good luck!

My bad. I'm a newbie to hunt forums. I'm a Colorado native and hunted elk since 1983 in areas of North Park, the Flat Tops and the Gunnison/Lake City area with success in all of the areas. No really big bulls though. I've done research on GMU 2 and was just looking for a little help.

I drew the rifle season, Oct. 1-10. I've spent some time up in the Sandwash Basin area in the northern part of unit 2. I was just looking for some additional help if anyone had success. I'm looking forward to a great hunt. It's been a long wait.

Great Tag, you are fortunate to have it. Like many other around here, I won't seat on points that long and cannot really contribute much to your quest for information. Have a great time and Good luck! - ColoradoHunter719

Congratulations on a great tag! I went over that way shed hunting a couple years ago. I would definitely check out the area around Green Canyon. Good luck this fall.

Thanks for the reply. I've researched some other areas of unit 2 and spent some time in the northern part. Any luck shed hunting? I will check out the Green Canyon area. I'm heading up to do some scouting at the end June. Thanks.

Mule Shoe,
Congratulations on a great tag, I had the fortune to draw the same unit this year for muzzleloader. Look out for a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back