Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

28 Nosler data w/ 160 Accubond

dcopas78

I want to work up a load for my Fierce 28 Nosler and was wondering if anyone could provide some data using Nosler 160 AB. I've looked at the data that Nosler has, but was anxious to see if anyone on the forum has personal experience i.e. powder used, charge, primers etc. Any data appreciated!

Nosler brass, Fed215M and retumbo or RL33 is where I would start.

Don't worry if you can't find the 215M. The "regular" 215 will work just fine. mtmuley

Derek, I am using nosler brass, CCI LRM primers and 82 grains retumbo with 160 accubond,5 shot average FPS 3300. I have a nosler 48 liberty 28” barrel. Hope it helps.

I shoot the 195 berger with 81 grains of retumbo and a fed 215m primer and nosler case i get .3xx groups with it and 3050 fps at a aol of 3.600 my rifle is a custom with a 26 inch hart barrel

Update

I started with 82 grains retumbo, 215M primers, and once fired Nosler brass. First three shot group was 0.91". Chrono was 3308,3340,3314 fps. I'm looking forward to fine tuning, but I think I found a pretty good place to start. It was very hot and humid today in the Ohio valley. Hoping to get some more comfortable weather to shoot soon. I'm pretty satisfied for the first reloads though.

I shoot the 160 accubond out my 7mm rum really accuarte built good killer on deer the gun is a custom with a 28 inch barrel im shooting 91 grains retumbo nvr chrono tho should be over 3400

Just a question. The biggest .284 caliber rifle I have is a 7 rem mag. If you are pushing a 160 grain pill over 3300 FPS then wouldn’t going to a larger bullet with a better BC be a better option?

Not a critical question, just wondering why you’d use that size of bullet with that speed withou stepping up in bullet grain. Thanks.

Just a question. The biggest .284 caliber rifle I have is a 7 rem mag. If you are pushing a 160 grain pill over 3300 FPS then wouldn’t going to a larger bullet with a better BC be a better option?

Not a critical question, just wondering why you’d use that size of bullet with that speed withou stepping up in bullet grain. Thanks.

It very well could be. Just dipping my feet in the .284 caliber so I've got lots to experiment with. The gunmaker suggested the 160 grain AB as the most accurate factory load shot through the gun, so that is kinda why I chose that specific bullet. But as I'm able to build up some reloading components/brass for the caliber, I'll be able to experiment a little more freely with bullet weight and the like. Right now I'm just trying to get a huntable load for the upcoming season. After that, I'll be free to mess around a little, assuming Nosler has the brass available again in September like their sales department told me.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back