Big SK bear down!

Sask hunter

After a gong show of a spring due to quad issues I finally got my quad back and was able to hunt. Monday night only had a small blonde bear come into my bait. Wednesday night I decided to hunt a different bait. On the walk in I kicked off a small black and about a hour later a small blonde came in. Around 730 the wind died and another small black came in about 15 minutes later but you could hear a second bear off to the left of the bait. After about five minutes the little guy ran off and this big guy marched in! As soon as I saw him I knew he was a shooter so I focused on calming myself and not trying to judge him. Once he got to the barrel I gave him one with th trusty 338 win mag and he nose dive into the dirt and never moved!! Roughed him out this morning between 19.75-20”. Lots of bear smokies in my future
nKqQQLN.jpg

qTcr3Q6.jpg

LlK5gSo.jpg

Nice bear.

That guy has some Dumbo sized ears on him. Just another example of how hard bears are to judge. One of the ways I judge a bear is that their ears should look small compared to the rest of their head. That guy has HUGE ears and throws that whole way to judge a bear out the window.

Nice bear.

That guy has some Dumbo sized ears on him. Just another example of how hard bears are to judge. One of the ways I judge a bear is that their ears should look small compared to the rest of their head. That guy has HUGE ears and throws that whole way to judge a bear out the window.
Your right I never noticed that till now. Thankfully in my case I had a 50 gallon barrel that he could dwarf. He also has a kinda long skinny head. His head was 7.5x12.25 or 12.5 long. I shot a bear in 2015 that went 20 2/16” his head was right at the 12” mark or a hair under but he had a wide head around 8” wide

Back