Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Nevada Area 7 Late Rifle

David Gough

In addition to a great bull tag, I drew the late rifle buck season for 'big 7' in Nevada. I've hunted there before for elk, and have seen some great bucks on the late bull hunt in the Jarbidge. What I haven't hunted before is a season with such a high success and 4+ pts rate. Are the bucks really that easy to find? Are there factors skewing the results that I'm unaware of?

I usually have an itchy trigger finger and love deer meat, but it sounds like I have a chance of finding a great deer and will need to learn some self restraint ;)

I'll be up there to scout areas I haven't hunted yet, and I also have the mid-cow rifle season for the 72 hunt. I know, three Nevada tags....don't hate me.

If you have the urge to spill location specific information, please PM me.

You're the second person I know of that drew a bull tag and a deer tag in that area. Congrats on the tag, it should be a fun hunt. Good luck!

You're the second person I know of that drew a bull tag and a deer tag in that area. Congrats on the tag, it should be a fun hunt. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm very excited for all three hunts. I drew my bull tag down in area 22. Archery season.

Ah! I misread your initial post....22 is even better. I thought you drew area 7 for both deer and elk. There is at least 1 guy that drew elk and deer for unit 7.

Well I did draw a cow tag for 72 as well :D. Going to be hunting and scouting simultaneously!

Congrats on the great tag! Area 7 is one of my favorite areas to hunt.
Some good snow would make it a little easier to find the bucks. Otherwise it's gonna be tough to get them out of the thick quakies or the steepest, nastiest mountains you can find.
Good luck on your hunt.

Congrats on the great tag! Area 7 is one of my favorite areas to hunt.
Some good snow would make it a little easier to find the bucks. Otherwise it's gonna be tough to get them out of the thick quakies or the steepest, nastiest mountains you can find.
Good luck on your hunt.

Same here. It's a great area. I'm hoping for snow, and will be prepared for if it's a warm fall. I have an area in mind, and it's full of quakies, steep hills, and deer :D

Congrats on an awesome draw! I have drawn the early deer/cow combo in the past. Have fun and good luck!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back